Sunday, December 6, 2015

Birthday Boy


Armin turned 5 on November 29th and due to us all being sick with the flu we "cancelled" his birthday :( The day before his actual birthday Armin and I spent the entire day and night in bed with the flu.  Not a fun way to spend the last day of being 4 years old.  He sure was a trooper though, we cuddled, watched movies and slept.  Sunday came and we were still feeling pretty queasy so we sent a message out to everyone saying not to come for dinner to celebrate Armin's special day.  He was so bummed. We did the best we could with a house full of sickies and I think in the end it turned out to be a not so bad birthday.

I sent cupcakes to school with Armin and all his classmates sang Happy Birthday to him, that made his day.  And after church today we were able to have his birthday dinner of chilli cheese dogs.  He had a blast and it was so nice of family to come and help him celebrate!




He is such a character!  He always has the biggest smile in all his pictures and he loves to be the class clown...he is a natural at getting people to laugh!  He is kind and thoughtful.  He is adventurous and daring.  His sweet little voice melts my heart.  He does have a temper and when he is angry we call him the mini Hulk, there's not usually a lot of warning before he looses it!  But he has a sweet side too, he's a good balance...tonight when I was laying with him at bedtime he said he doesn't know how to follow Jesus because he is a maniac?!! I told him I agree that at times he can be a maniac but he also knows how to be kind and helpful and that is following Jesus.  Oh dear, this being a mother is so hard, harder than I ever thought it would be.  I just hope if I teach him anything its that he is special and I love him so very much...




Happy Birthday to my baby, who is quickly growing into a handsome young man!!  I'm not quite ready for him to grow up but I am slowly starting to realize it is inevitable!!!  I look forward to all this year has in store for him and for the changes that are sure to come!!


4 comments:

  1. That is some cute crazy hair in the last pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This cute kid loves life. He makes me laugh! Hope the next five years don't fly by as fast as the first five. Love that he is part of our family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable pictures. Sorry we couldn't come and celebrate with him. Cute cake!

    ReplyDelete