Wednesday, December 14, 2016

The Sounds of the Season

I just absolutely love this time of year.  The lights, the sounds, the smells!!  Everyone seems a little more kind to one another too!  Just a magical time of year!

Emry and Leah have been singing together a lot lately.  Their voices blend so beautifully together.  Jared has been accompanying them on the guitar and that too sounds so beautiful!  They sang for the Senior's Centre last night as entertainment for their Christmas Party.  There was such a special spirit about them.  They sang "What Child is This", "Silent Night" (my absolute favourite) and "Away in a Manger".  All three gave me goose bumps.  There is something about singing about the birth of our Savior that touches deep within my soul.  Such a wondrous night to have the Savior of the world born to bring us hope and peace.

I look forward to listening to the girls sing, they truly are filled with the Spirit of Christ.  And listening to Jared play the guitar is wonderful, I think it is my favourite instrument to listen to acoustically!

Again, such a magical time of year!  My favourite time of year!

2 comments: