Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Happy 2nd Birthday Calum!







 

On Calum's first birthday I was a very mean mommy!  I scheduled his 12 month vaccinations!  He was so dopey and not really himself.  We did still have spaghetti, his favorite, and cake and even gave him his present!  But I have always felt bad for neglecting his birthday, especially his first!  The two pictures above are from his first birthday, he absolutely loves Whinnie the Pooh, we have actually found him fast asleep in his crib sitting up against his Pooh bear!

So for his second birthday I felt like we should make it up to him and have a little party!  Grandma Debbie, Uncle Buck, Auntie Arren, Gilbert, Lily, Auntie Rachel, Liam and Grandma and Grandpa Puzey all were in attendance!  We had a simple supper of Beef Dip and salads, sang happy birthday and let him open his presents!  It was a fun evening, hectic and overwhelming as any birthday party is for someone so little!  He was so excited with his first present he really didn't know what to do with rest, good thing there other little kids around to play with his new toys!  Because Calum is so obsessed with anything that has wheels, he got lots of "Broom, brooms!!"  Mommy and Daddy got him a bounce back remote control race car, which he is terrified of unless he has the control and is standing up on the couch out of its way!  Grandma Debbie got him some cars that make car noises when you push the top and Grandma and Grandpa Puzey got him a toy skid steer that moves forward and backward and even lifts the bucket up and down!  He loves this and is finally getting the hang of which buttons to use!  They learn so fast, it is a little unnerving!  He also got a puzzle from Auntie Rachel, that his mommy is thoroughly enjoying!


As a birthday tradition I made him a special cake, this year I made a race car cake, it turned out really cute even if it did take awhile to get right!

Over the years I have made lots of fun cakes!  For Emry's 1st birthday I did Elmo, her 2nd a cow, 3rd was much simpler, a bicycle (sorry, the pictures I have for these are on our other computer and I haven't quite mastered the technique of transferring them!!), 4th a barbie, 5th a swimming pool and 6th a popcorn box (for a carnival theme!)  For Calum's 1st, like I said earlier, Whinnie the Pooh, and his 2nd, a race car!  For Jared's 33rd birthday I made him a guitar cake, because we gave him the Beetles Rockband for the Wii!  It is so much fun, I love to see their reactions.  I hope to always carry on this tradition!  Emry never wants to know, and is always making sure I keep it a secret, if I do say anything she is always quick to tell me "Shhhh, its supposed to be a surprise!"  When I was icing Calum's race car she asked why I didn't make him a princess cake, I told her because he is a boy and boys don't like princesses, she answered with, "Oh, right I forgot!"  I secretly think she was wanting a princess cake for herself!  Maybe her 7th will have to be a princess!











2 comments:

  1. I love making cute cakes. I have two books and each year my kids pour over them deciding what they want this year. Yours look great. We have done lots of the same ones. Great minds ...

    ReplyDelete