Monday, January 30, 2012

Almost Kinda Certified!

This past weekend I was able to take a Yoga Teacher Training Course in Red Deer!  I have always wanted to take teacher training but have never been able to swing the time it takes to attend these things!  But Vulcan Adult Learning asked if I would teach a class for them again, when I told the new coordinator that I wasn't certified she quickly made it her priority to find a training course in our area.  She succeeded and it turned out to only be two days and after I do 8 hours of volunteer teaching I am certified to teach level one yoga.  And the best part, Adult Learning paid for half of the registration fee!!  I was so anxious for this course though, I am still far too over weight and I really haven't done yoga on a regular basis for a couple of years now.  I went and loved it and I even learned so much and gained a ton of confidence to teach others.  Thank goodness, because I start teaching tomorrow, this session will count as my 8 hours of volunteer teaching!  I can go on and continue taking courses, and in time I may, but for now all those who are interested in taking yoga are beginners!

Jared, Emry and Calum came up to Red Deer with me, they had fun together.  Jared took advantage of being in a city and got new tires put on our Jetta, it was well over due.  Since our hotel was right across the street from a Denny's, Canadian Tire and a mall they didn't run out of things to do and he said the kids got along so good!  After my course was done on Saturday we all went swimming, and even though it turned out to be a late night we had a lot of fun.  It made the next day a long day for sitting on mat learning the break down of yoga poses.  Armin stayed with my mom for a night and with Myrna for the other and he too did so good.  I was worried because I had only gotten him weaned earlier in the week and I hadn't left him over night yet.  Myrna really enjoyed the one on one time with him, and he is so happy all the time.  She said at times he did look around wondering where we all were.  Even in Red Deer Calum would out of blue say "I miss Armin, he likes to smile!"

We had a great time and I was so happy I was able to take the training, it made me realize how much I miss doing yoga.

2 comments:

  1. That's great you got certified. I've never tried Yoga - I'm not sure it's for me. If we come again for a week in the summer for the boys swimming lessons I'll have to take a crash course from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will join the crash course. WE can have a morning yoga class with all of us:)

    ReplyDelete