Thursday, October 18, 2012

I think I Saw a Mouse!

On Tuesday I was able to take my Mom and Mark to the Temple Open House! It was a really wonderful experience to again be in the temple with one of my parents!

But that is not all the excitement we had that day!! I had left our boys with Myrna for the afternoon and when I transferred the car seats into her Explorer I found a very hard half eaten hamburger under Calum's car seat! That wasn't the grossest thing I found either, under the rock hard hamburger were lots of little mouse turds!! So I assumed there had been a mouse in the van but also assumed that it was now gone and put it out of my mind! Until we happened to be driving through a super busy city of one million people!!

I drove the van to our first stop in Calgary, a second hand store and then my mom took over driving to the very northwest corner of the city where Mark lives and to where the temple is! Well we decided to stop somewhere to have a hot chocolate while we waited for Mark to be done work! As my mon was turning into the mall I looked down and could have sworn I saw a little skinny mouse tail flick as it moved under my purse, right by my feet! Well before I could really even process what I had seen I blurted out, "I think I just saw a mouse!" as I lifted my feet up to the dash! Well, my mom is deathly afraid of mice and I soon realized this what not something a person wanted to hear as they were driving in a super busy city!!! She began to become hysterical and just kept saying what do we do and where do we go? We were in the parking lot of the mini mall, but with our minds both on the mouse running free in the van we couldn't focus on where to go! Finally mom spotted a coffee shop and that is where we parked and jumped out of the van!!

We hung out in the coffee shop for quite awhile trying to decide what to do! It was raining quite hard and we really didn't want to walk anywhere! We tried to think of a place that would sell mouse traps, there was a Petcetera, but we both agreed that they probably wouldn't sell traps...there was a pharmacy, but determined they too wouldn't have any! Then my mom remembered there was a Rona right around the corner!!! But far enough around the corner that we had to drive! So we very carefully got back into the van and drove to Rona!! And there we found exactly what we would need!!

We had Mark set the trap for us, and while we were at the restaurant we hoped we would catch it! No luck...but then I was thinking and trying hard to convince my mom that I probably didn't see a mouse but was just paranoid because of the mouse poop! So off to the temple we went!!! Only after the tour as we got back in the van we looked at the trap to see, and sure enough inside was a little mouse!!!

2 comments:

  1. That is hilarious. I remember driving down the free way in Salt Lake at midnight when my roommate felt something run up her leg. She was driving, I was a little scared for my life. Glad you caught the poor thing. Hope your mom has recovered:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would freak me right out!!! I think I would probably have an accident. Glad you caught the gross little thing!! Can you tell I absolutely HATE mice?

    ReplyDelete