Friday, October 5, 2012

The Temple

Last night I had the opportunity to go through the Calgary Alberta Temple with Emry and my Dad! It was so wonderful...a wish that has partially come true...to be in the temple with my dad!

The tour started with a short video in the chapel building right next to the temple, and it was perfect for setting the tone for the rest of the tour. It talked about the significance of temples since the beginning of time, the restoration of the gospel and why temples are significant to us today! It also talked about the the first settlers to Calgary who were members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, as well it talked about the Cardston Temple and when it was built. It was quite an amazing video, I especially loved Elder Jeffrey R. Hollands testimony about the blessings of eternal families we can receive through the temple!

After the video we were taken over to the temple grounds, where our tour guide explained the difference between the chapel where we hold our Sunday worship and the temple! Even as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints I found I learned many new things last night!

I was in complete awe of the beauty of the temple, and I was truly impressed with the attention to detail! I am so proud of Jason and the talent he possesses! When we were sitting in the celestial room, it truly was amazing the strength of the spirit present in that room, it was totally overwhelming and instantly brought tears to my eyes! I leaned in to Emry and told her this room is my favorite of all the rooms in the temple because to me it feels like it is apart of heaven, she gave me her biggest most beautiful grin and nodded her head! I looked over at my dad while we were sitting there and I thought I could see a peacefulness in his face!

It truly was a wonderful experience and I felt so proud to be there with my perfect little girl and my dad, a truly amazing opportunity! I am looking forward to the day I get to take my mom through the tour and then again with friends of ours from town! What a great opportunity for anyone interested in knowing more about this wonderful gospel and the great feelings of peace that come from living a life that so closely parallels that of our Saviors! I love my dad so much and I was thankful I was able to share something with him that is so important to me, something that builds the character for the type of person I am striving to become! It was a very special night, I truly do love to see the temple!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy you were able to take your dad. What a wonderful experience. I'm sure he felt the spirit of the temple too. I can't wait to go again on Monday!

    ReplyDelete