Sunday, November 25, 2012

Girl's Weekend

Friday night all the Puzey girls went to see Breaking Dawn Part Two!! It was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good!!! Can you tell I liked it!! It was by far the best one in my opinion! I am actually sad to see that the series is officially over! Though I must admit that I didn't cry when it finished like I did with the last Harry Potter! After the show we went for our traditional dessert of cheesecake at Streetside Eatery, we even got to sit in our regular table! I had a great time with the girls, they are always so much fun and it seems the night is always full of lots of giggles! We got home late but it was so fun we didn't want it to end...maybe it was actually because we knew what was to come in the morning!!

The next day we all met at our house to do our annual chocolate dipping! Another fun day with all the Puzey girls! Though it was a super long day it was a blast!! We dipped 19 batches of chocolate from 10:30am to 9:30pm! Each of us made 3 batches of the regular flavors of fondant in the days leading up to Saturday, they all turned out so good, thanks to a fantastic teacher...mom! I tried a new flavor and it turned out to be a big hit! I had some chocolate malt powder and I added 6 tablespoons of it to the sugar as I melted it! I think I will add just a smidge more powder next time! Rachel brought out a batch of orange and as much as I don't like chocolate oranges I did try one once the chocolate was set and I didn't mind it! For lunch I made my own version of baked potato soup and was it ever yummy! Everyone else contributed with the meal by either bringing buns, fruit or dessert! We were still going strong at supper so Jared made all of us toad in the hole's! Sooo yummy too! Lalainia and Rachel both left their boys at home but Leah and Blake came out and kept Emry, Calum and Armin busy! We missed Cora, she was involved in a basketball tournament in Magrath!

It was a great day, however happy I am that it is done I had a blast and look forward to it every year! I also really enjoyed having it at our house! I love our house and it really seems to be perfect for large crowds!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for letting us invade your home yesterday. I hope we didn't leave you in too much of a mess. It was a super long day but I had lots of fun too! So fun to get together!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun to get together at your home. Thanks for being so willing and for making the yummy soup. I had such a good time with my girls. You are all awesome fondant makers!!! The tradition lives on. I was looking at all the chocolates and the dipping was fantastic. I have such talented girls!!! Loved the day and the movie and fun the night before. Mom P.

    ReplyDelete