Wednesday, December 18, 2013

The Jeep


A few months after Jared and I were married we traded my little car in on a jacked up yellow Jeep!  The Jeep happened to belong to Wayne Alder who Jared worked for on the farm!  It was in great condition with few miles on it!  It was something we just couldn't pass up!  We had lots of fun with it!  The front seats were the most comfortable seats I have ever sat on in a car!  In the summer we would take the hard top off and the doors and just be free as the wind blew through our hair!  A couple years later, while I was pregnant with Emry and working at the Champion Kindergarten I got to use the Jeep as my primary vehicle!  I don't think I realized just how bumpy and stiff the suspension was until I drove it pregnant!!  I had Emry in the very early hours on a Monday, the saturday, just a day and a half before, Jared and I drove around the quarter of land in the sand checking to see if seeding grass and alfalfa would be possible!  It was torture!  The doctor said the bumpiness wouldn't generally bring on labour but I beg to differ!  Emry was three weeks early!!  Not quite a year later we bought our Jetta!  Jared started using the Jeep as his primary commuting vehicle.  The car was much more practical for toting a baby around!

We have made many great memories with the Jeep...trips to the lake with the boat being pulled behind us!  Camping trips, Christmas tree hunting trips, fence building, a calf rescue vehicle...and so much more!  When I was the Young Women's President we took the girls camping near Waterton.  Jared came out for a couple of nights and with him he brought the Jeep!  One morning we all awoke to find that two of the girls, Shannon and Kathryn, had toilet papered the Jeep!




I also remember going up to the hills to get our traditional Charlie Brown Christmas tree and we tied our prize to the top of the Jeep!  Jared used the Jeep regularly for Young Men's activities too!  



This past year we made the heartbreaking decision that it was finally time to sell part of our past!  We could no longer take it anywhere as a family since it only had four seat belts and our family had increased to five!  It was once a dream to keep it for our kids once they started driving and then we began to see just how crazy that idea was!  One day we might get another Jeep, preferably a four door one with room for five!  But for now, good bye Jeep and thank you for the memories!


1 comment: