Friday, May 9, 2014

10 Years Old

Emry recently celebrated her 10th birthday!!! How did this happen!! I remember like it was yesterday watching as Jared held her in his arms in the wee hours of the morning, the sun just starting to peak over the horizon!! We hadn't totally decided on her name but I can see very clearly Jared looking at her tiny yet perfect face and said "Emry Dawn!"  A few hours later grandma and grandpa Puzey came in to meet their newest granddaughter, and as soon as David came in the room he said to Jared, "you should give her the middle name of Dawn since she was born at dawn!!"  Jared informed his dad that he had thought the exact same thing! 

The last 10 years have been wonderful, consisting of many changes and wonderful memories made! Emry is less than 6 inches shorter than I am, and if she keeps growing at the rate she has been she will be taller than me by her next birthday! Emry has many of the same characteristics I had when I was her age...sensitive and very caring!! She loves animals, cats to be more specific!! In fact when Chloe started having her kittens outside on our swing, Emry found a box and an old towel and carefully transferred Chloe and her first kitten into the box and carried them down to her bedroom!! They are still taking up residence there!! Emry loves to do anything and everything with her dad! Anything from loading up a dead cow to tagging baby calves! She is also a huge help to me around the house! She will tidy up without being asked! She will take care of her brothers when I need to be outside helping Jared. She will even give them a bath and get them ready for bed! She loves school, especially math and science!! She definitely didn't get that from me!!! She loves her doll Emily that Grandpa Glen gave her for Christmas a couple of years ago.  She loves dressing her up and trying new styles in her hair.  She loves riding her new bike that she got from grandma Debbie and grandpa Mark.  And she likes to ride the little quad Jared got last year!! 

I am thankful for her in my life! I am thankful that she made me a mother and for all the memories we have created!! I know I am hard on her and I'm sure she wishes at times that she had a different mom but I do look forward to the day when her and I are best of friends and I can share in the joy of her becoming a mother!! I am thankful for her sensitive nature and caring heart! I am thankful how she gets concerned for others and sticks up for them when they are being teased!  I love how she thrives on learning new things!! I look forward to these last two years of her still being my little girl, because I know without a doubt that once she turns 12 time will go even more quickly!

Her and I were able to spend the day of her birthday seeing two wonderful plays! Grandpa Mark bought tickets for us to see The Princess and the Pea at Stage West! It was lots of fun spending this time with Emry and my mom and Mark without the chaos of little boys taking over!  That evening the four of us went to see Owen and Maryssa's musical of Anne of Green Gables at their church! Owen even had a small solo and did a great job!! It was really well done and even though it was three hours long it really didn't feel like it!!! 

                                    

The day before Emry's real birthday we had a family party for her! She first requested salmon, her absolute favourite meal, but after we priced it out she requested her second favourite meal, spaghetti!! I found a homemade meat sauce recipe and knew this would be a great opportunity to try it!! So yummy!! Grandpa Glen was able to come which was awesome! He added to Emry's Mapelea collection and gave her a pop up tent and a sleeping bag and the wildlife animal set, which has a deer, a skunk and a fox!! Dave and Char, Cora, Leah and Blake were also able to come as well as auntie Arren, Uncle Buck and Gil and Lily!!  Arren actually came early and helped me tidy the rest of my house!!! Something I was extremely grateful for!!!  It was nice to have grandparents, aunts and uncles and cousins there to help us celebrate a truly wonderful not so little little girl!!  I look forward to what this next year will bring for Emry and the changes that are sure to come!! I love her so much and I am truly thankful for the example she is to me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment