Thursday, May 15, 2014

It's Great to Be A Mom


I have to admit that I was extremely grouchy the day before Mother's Day:( I'm not really exactly sure why? Maybe part of it had to do with desperately wanting to get our playhouse started, but the weather was poopy! Or because Jared is never able to get fully caught up on the farm so the things I'd like to get done get put on the very bottom of the maybe one day list!!! Despite my sour mood and the unknown reason for it I slowly came out of my funk!! We ended up going into the city that afternoon to get some groceries and a Mother's Day present for me! Jared told me he wanted to get me a Bosch! Something I have wanted for quite some time! And after driving around Lethbridge for nearly two hours, TWO HOURS!!! We decided that getting a Bosch could wait! We tried Hill's Pantry, the place that has carried Bosch for years, but the address we got online was for a very vacant building! After trying the number listed three times a man finally answered and informed me that they are out of business!! Jared googled Bosch dealers in Lethbridge and found a place called Hill's Mill's! We found the address and away we went! This address took us to a very residential part of town to a rather old house!! So we called the number listed with the address and a very frail sounding older woman answered! I told her I was sorry I had the wrong number I had meant to call Hill's Mill's!! Well, she was rather excited as she said not to be sorry I had called the right place!  So I asked her if she had a Bosch in stock to sell? As a matter of fact she did, someone ordered it in but wouldn't be picking it up until July and she could easily order another one before then! She told me the price and all it came with and then she said she is actually living at the St. Mike's Hospital right now recovering from a broken ankle! She gave us her room number and said that she was authorized to sell out of her little room for the time being! After I ended the call Jared and I talked about whether or not we should get one!! After much debate and a little research on our handy dandy smart phones we decided against purchasing a Bosch from that lady!! And would look around a little more! But Jared still wanted to get me something!! I had wanted to stop at the mall since I had a coupon for The Childrens Place and the boys could use some new church clothes! Jared asked for some ideas of what I wanted! Remember I wasn't in the best mood that day and I told him that I just wanted to be surprised, since we have been married for over 12 years I said he should know what I like and therefore would know what I'd want! One idea I had given him was a watch but he said he didn't want to get one without me picking it out with him!! My poopy mood prevailed and I told him to take our kids and look around with them! Then I turned around and headed to The Children's Place by myself!!! After meeting up again I saw him carrying a little bag from Purdys Chocolates! To say I was disappointed would be a little but of an understatement!! I figured after my little rant the kids and him would find something extra special to show me just how much they really appreciate me....remember I was Badmood Amber :( 


Anyway, after getting some groceries we decided to go out for supper to a little nicer restaurant than McDonalds so we went to Boston Pizza! The kids were very well behaved and we had a nice meal! Once we got home we got the kids to bed and then Jared helped me in the kitchen while I made dessert, he made jello!! Jared also swept, mopped and vacuumed all our floors for me!!!


Thankfully the next morning I woke up a completely different person from the one the day before! While I was getting the finishing touches ready for dinner the kids came staggering out of their rooms and gave me the sweetest gifts any mom could ask for!!! Calum decorated a clay pot and planted a pansy I it for me!! He was so proud of that little flower!!!  Emry had made me a cute wooden flower at 4H craft club with a saying on it that said, "If Mothers Were Flowers, I'd Pick You!" I got the chocolates like I had suspected but then Jared came out of our room with a little gift bag! And inside WAS a watch!! I felt a little chagrined after my rant the day before, but I was still extremely grateful for the thought behind the gift!!  


I truly am thankful to be a mom!! Yes at times it is extremely exhausting and I don't feel like I am really doing anything!  But I love it when a little hand reaches up and yanks on my shirt until I squat down to their level and I get a wet, slobbery kiss and the sweetest, most tender words ever to come out of ones mouth, "I yuv you momma!" I am thankful to be a mom to a wonderful, super passionate, sweet little girl, and to two boys who test my patience in every way every single day, yet are very compassionate towards others and extremely imaginative and adventerous!! Though most importantly I am thankful to a very loving and supportive husband because without his help I wouldn't be a mother! And finally I am thankful to my mom, my mother in law ( though in actuality I do not even see the in law part!!!) Myrna is such a wonderful example to me and has always been so supportive and accepting of me even when I may not have deserved it! I am thankful to my aunts, my grandmas and my sisters!! Each one of these wonderful women are a strength to me and inspire me to want to do better each day!  So to all the women out there who have touched my life in some way, who have shared their wisdom, their love and their talents with me I say HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! And thank you for just being you!!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment