Saturday, July 12, 2014

Have I Mentioned.....



Have I mentioned just how much I love to make cupcakes?  Well, I LOVE making cupcakes!! I love trying new recipes and tweeking them ever so slightly to make them better!!!! My sister invited us over for Lily's family birthday dinner. I asked her what I could bring and in brackets I put (CUPCAKES!!!!!) so to make an already short story even shorter, that is what I'm bringing!!!!!!! I have been wanting to try a toasted coconut chocolate cupcake recipe I found and this was the perfect opportunity!! Though instead of adding coconut extract (I didn't have any) I added actual toasted coconut!!! It gives the cupcake a neat texture with a tasty crunch!!!! The other cupcake I wanted to make was a Reece peanut butter cup cupcake!!! My sister loves peanut butter and since technically it was her birthday only three days ago I thought it rather fitting to make these to honour her!!!! And finally I made a blackberry lime cupcake for those non peanut butter lovers and those who are unfortunately allergic to coconut ( Mark)!!!!!! I was finally able to use my vanilla beans for this recipe, so fun!!!!! I also added fresh blackberries to the batter and baked them inside, a tart little surprise in every bite!!!! The icing was not working for me and after two attempts both ending up in the trash I made up my own icing!!! Instead of using cream cheese and whipping cream with the icing sugar (mostly because I ran out of these specific ingredients) I used butter and milk with icing sugar!!!! And instead of adding instant lime jello powder I used lime zest!!! Yummy!!!!!!! Instead of having a liquidish icing I was able to use a nice stiff icing!!!!  

So, the end result...... Amazing!!!!! I love! love! LOVE making cupcakes!!!!!!








2 comments: