Monday, September 29, 2014

Celebrating 6 Years

Sunday we had a family party to celebrate Calum's 6th Birthday!  Wow!!! We had a houseful, but it was fun...lots of visiting, laughing and good cheer!! One guest Calum desperately wanted me to invite was our newest friends, well most specifically Indie, my friend!!!! Calum has a wee bit of a crush on her!! After a couple of days of first asking me to invite her he asked again, though with more determination!!! Thankfully they were able to come!!!

I attempted to put balloons up to look like a Creepers face from Minecraft!!! Calum loved it!!!!


I loved how Calum's cake turned out! Since he is obsessed with Minecraft it was only fitting to do a minecraft cake!!  Calum was super excited about his cake and even gave me a big hug and thanked me for it!! For our meal we had the traditional chili cheese dogs, fresh veggies and chips!!! It was a great contribution by everyone and the spread was delicious!!!



Opening presents is always a highlight and Calum sure did get spoiled!! Lego galore!!! Grandpa Glen got him the much coveted Benny's Spaceship lego set from The Lego Movie!!! As soon as Calum saw it he shrieked and ran to me to give me a big hug! I told him it wasn't from me, he said he knew that but he had to give someone a hug for Grandpa Glen!!! He got a lumber cargo plane set from Grandma Puzey and he ran to her and jumped into her arms with a great big hug too!!! And Grandma Debbie and Grandpa Mark gave him a little cottage set!!!! Lots of Lego but we have been having fun building some each day together!! 


He is a sweet boy with a giant heart!!! When he was a baby the doctors were worried about his heart because he still had a murmur at almost a year old! After doing an ECG and ultra sound of his heart they found that his heart is just so strong that it is pushing the blood through with lots of extra force, making the whoosh sound like a murmur!!!! No wonder he has so much love and compassion for others!!!! I love that boy more than words can describe, hyenas it's definitely stolen a piece of my heart!!!

Armin and Jonas were rocking out, our evening entertainment!!!!!


2 comments:

  1. Calum is so sweet! I'm so glad he wanted us there! It was lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete