Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Women's Crafting Retreat

This past weekend I was able to go to a women's only crafting retreat held at SABC ( Southern Alberta Bible Camp)! My mom is on the committee that organizes it and has been waiting ever so patiently for the time when my sister and I could come spend a night!! Well, the time has finally come and am I ever happy that it has!! It was a much needed reprieve from the day to day with lots being accomplished that I just don't seem to get to when at home!!! It was two full days of making cards, visiting with family and friends and lots and lots of laughter!!!!!  My two aunts on my moms side also came and at times we filled the hall with our bursts of laughter!


From where I sat the view was stunning!! I could perfectly see Little Bow Lake all covered in snow, I even saw a herd of deer pass by!! And the hills and trees all snow covered and pure too!! A picture right from the page of a calendar!!!!

Arren and I shared a room and that was a huge highlight!  We stayed up late and watched a movie, a rather long but really good movie!! By 3 am after the movie had finished I still wasn't overly tired so I watched an episode of Glee!!!  After breakfast we got right back into crafting, visiting and laughing!! It was so much fun with such a great group of ladies. Other than my mom, sister and two aunts we also shared tables with two of my moms really good friends, who also contributed greatly to the memory making and bouts of laughter!!!!


This weekend was so much fun but couldn't have been possible if it weren't for my mother in law who watched the kids while Jared was at work and for a super fantastic husband who spent his Saturday trapped inside with our three rugrats when I'm sure there were a million and one other things he could have been doing!!!  He watched Back to the Future 1 and 2 with them which they all LOVED!!!! I am also thankful for a mom and sister who are so close to me and who are always giving me their love and support, and their healing power through laughter!!! A really fun weekend!!!!!  

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a real blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a perfect get away. Glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We should plan something like that. Sounds fun and productive. I have lots of projects I never seem to finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be lots of fun!! We will have to plan something!!!

    ReplyDelete