Monday, September 14, 2015

Puzey Family Reunion


This past Saturday the boys and I headed to Calgary with grandma Puzey for the annual Puzey Family Reunion! Emry was invited to a birthday party that had been rescheduled for the 12th specifically for her, so we didn't think it would be right for her to miss it.  And Jared has been combining for a neighbour and decided he better stay home and wait for his call! The boys had a good time running around, drawing and playing with their older new found cousins!!  It was so nice to catch up with relatives we don't see often, one of Jared's cousins said it was good I came to an in law reunion without my husband, I  told her I didn't actually consider the Puzey's my inlaws so it wasn't hard at all!!  The afternoon consisted of yummy food, a slide show of photos from decades before, family pictures and to finish the day off, a slip and slide...Armin loved the slip and slide!!!  Calum hung out with three of Jared's cousins kids, they ranged in age from 15 to 17, but they played with him like it was a normal teenage thing to do, so nice of them to indulge in Calum's need to wrestle and horse around!!!






A lot of planning went into this day and it was so much appreciated! I love that we have built our home on the land that was originally homesteaded by a Puzey more than 100 years ago! It feels wonderful to be apart of such a rich heritage! I look forward to the many years to come on the original homestead of Frederick Puzey Sr.

The original Puzey homestead more than 100 years ago!

The orginal homesteaders, Frederick Puzey Sr. His wife Emily and son Frederick Jr.

David's parents Fred and Hannah

Fred and Hannah with their children Sheila, Sandra, David and DaVeeda






5 comments:

  1. I love all these pictures Sheri found. So much work. Can't wait for the cd. Glad you had fun at the reunion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely family thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to see all these great pics in your post. I wish we had had more time to visit but I guess I should have arrived on time!! It was nice to see you and your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so great seeing you too Sheri!!! I always love catching up with you!!! Thanks for all your hard work scanning the pictures so I could use them!!!!

      Delete
  4. So nice to see all these great pics in your post. I wish we had had more time to visit but I guess I should have arrived on time!! It was nice to see you and your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete