Tuesday, September 29, 2015

7 Years Old

Happy 7th Birthday to a very special boy!!!  Calum turned 7 last thursday and had a weekend full of celebrating!!

Thursday morning at school everyone sang happy birthday to him before they said the Lord's Prayer!! I took cupcakes in to share with his whole class at lunch time!!  That night he was treated to his favourite supper, Welsh Rarebit (or as he calls it, melted cheese on toast!!) and hot dogs!



The celebrating didn't stop there...Friday night Jared and I took just Calum to the city!  We went to Toys R Us where he picked out his own birthday present and then we went to Moxie's for supper! After supper we went mini golfing and then for ice cream!  We also stopped to see Grandpa Glen in Nobleford where he gave Calum a Rocket!!!  We got home rather late but it didn't stop Calum from opening the Lego set he picked out at the store!  Emry and Armin weren't asleep yet so he enlisted Emry's help in building his new set!  They got part of it built and then were up early the next morning building the rest!  Sunday we had a family dinner for him!! Myrna and I made pizza's and we all enjoyed visiting and playing! I attempted to make him an Avengers cake!! I layered rice krispie squares behind the cake and iced them in black icing, trying to mimic the silhouette of a city skyline!! I then put lego Avenger guys and a Jeep on the cake!!  It turned out okay!  I think he was happy with it!!


I am so thankful for this strong, tender hearted little boy!  I couldn't imagine life without him.  He still crawls into my lap for a cuddle and a kiss.  He sympathizes with others when they are hurt, he dances in public like no one is watching, he is eager to learn and uses his imagination to build some amazing things!! I look forward to what this year has in store for him!!

3 comments: