Tuesday, April 26, 2016

A New Job

I am excited to say I have been offered a new job!!  I saw the job posting in the paper and then a member of the board where the job was being offered also forwarded me the posting so I thought I had better apply.  So a week ago Saturday I updated my resume and emailed it to the Director.  Five minutes after I pushed the send button I got a call to set up an interview time, literally FIVE minutes after!!  The director told me she was really, really, REALLY happy I applied!!!  The day of my interview came and I was so nervous, I shouldn't have been since I knew all the ladies who sat in on the interview but I just couldn't help it.  The questions started out to be quite fun, like what book was I reading...and then they got much harder...what have I done in a crisis situation? What?? Well, I've lost my child in the mall for what felt like forever...nope couldn't use that one!! Hmmmmm....too much thinking involved!!!  But somehow I managed to impress them with the answers I gave because the next day I got called back, a whole day earlier than they said they would call. And drum roll.............I GOT OFFERED THE JOB!!!!!!!  I will be the new secretary for Rainbow Literacy Society!!!! I couldn't be more excited or more nervous at the same time. My first day was yesterday and oh boy was it ever overwhelming...so much to learn in so little time!! The lady I am taking over for while she is on maternity leave is actually finished on Friday.


So, mostly for my dad ;) I hope to still have time to update regularly but I can't always guarantee it will be very exciting now that I am once again a working mom!!

1 comment:

  1. Well OK I guess but I can't guarantee I won't whine a little! Remember when you and Arren were little and I would tell you when we watched the Muppets that I was going to be like those grouchy old men characters? Well its happened! Hang in there Am I couldn't be prouder :)

    ReplyDelete