Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Bear's Hump

Yesterday we took a spontaneous trip to Waterton for a last day before school starts hike!!!  We have always wanted to climb Bear's Hump with the kids and show them the view of Waterton from way up high.  They were troopers and climbed like it was nothing, and boy was it not nothing...I was dying.  It reminded me that I have gained a lot more weight than I actually think I have and I need to get my butt in gear and lose some of this extra padding!!!

 




 
Anyway, it was a beautiful day, not too hot with a little sprinkle of rain to cool us off just enough!  The climb up was steep with big steps that I was sure Armin wouldn't be able to handle, but he did, like they were nothing!!  The view at the top was worth the hard climb, it was spectacular! 



 
We had minor whining, mostly involving Calum's coat!!! He did not want to wear it around his waist, even though that's what we all did!!  So we left it on a stump on the trail up hoping to grab it on our way down!!  Someone beat us to it and turned it in at the Visitor's Centre!!  After our hard work we were rewarded with a yummy ice cream cone from The Big Scoop, super delicious and so worth the hard climb!!
 
On our way home we were caught in a bit of a torrential down pour but as we came over the hill where our cows are grazing we saw an amazing double rainbow!!  It was a beautiful finish to a wonderful day with my family!
 

I am excited for this next step in their lives and I was happy we had one last hurrah before sending them off to school!  Before bed Jared gave them each a Father's blessing to help give them some extra guidance while at school with friends and learning!!  They were great blessings full of much love.  That is something I really admire about Jared, he loves his kids more than anything in this world (aside from me of course :) )

2 comments:

  1. What a great day! The new school year is allways exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got to finally go. Such a beautiful hike.

    ReplyDelete