Wednesday, October 26, 2016

A Case of Writer's Block

Lately I have felt like my posts are lacking.  I'm not sure what but something is missing.  I try to get in all the details but the passion I have for writing just isn't there.  Our family has been very busy lately, I'm not complaining, its a good busy.  But I do feel pulled in many different directions.  Last night after piano I just wanted to crawl into bed but couldn't quite justify it because it was only 6:00pm!  We had a simple supper and sat around reading or playing games.  Once Emry got home from Young Women's the fighting started...I so wasn't in the mood to deal with sibling rivalry so I sat there while it played out! Jared, in all his wisdom, got them playing a game of charades.  What a great idea.  It stopped the fighting and they even had fun together.  The sounds of laughter filled our home right up until it was time for bed!  I marvel at how easy it was to redirect their attention elsewhere.  Jared is such a wonderful father, he knows our kids inside and out, and when I think they are being whiney or fighting too much he asks them what's bugging them because there is always something underlying when kids act out!  See, such a good father...I wouldn't have even thought of that if it weren't for him!

Jared's 40th birthday is coming up...I can't believe he's going to be 40!!! Where does the time go?  There are days when I still feel like I'm 18, just moved out on my own and then I look around and see all that we have accomplished.  Three kids, a house we built ourselves, good jobs, cows, the list is quite literally endless!!  Jared and I are going away for his birthday, some much needed time to ourselves!  I'm so thankful we have such amazing family to help us out when we go away!  We know our kids are going to be well looked after!  We will breathe in the crisp cool mountain air and refresh ourselves for another week of running around!

Running around....I wrote earlier that I feel pulled in many different directions, we've really only just begun!  It does amaze me how our schedule is working out, we still have just enough time to sit down as a family for supper even though there are a million and one things going on.  I love seeing our kids enjoy school and their after school activities.  It makes me proud of them for finding balance in their lives.  I marvel at how well they have taken to school, how well they listen to their teachers and their behavior at school.  I am proud of our kids and I hope the know it too.  I know I am not doing all I need to do to teach them at home, but I hope what I am doing is enough for them to know they are loved and will always be safe.

I'm grateful for the ability I have to write, to read and to learn each day!  I'm thankful my parents were able to give me the opportunities I needed to develop these talent's.  And I'm thankful I am able to give our children the same opportunities.  I have been writing something I am thankful for each day this past year.  It has taken a lot of commitment and I know I have grown because of this experience.  Sometimes at the moment I am not able to see what I am grateful for but at the end of the day when I sit down and look back over my day I am able to see the blessings in my life.  And each day there are many, sometimes its hard to write just one thing I am grateful for.  Life is a blessing, being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is a blessing.  I am so blessed to be married to a kind, loving and compassionate man, to have three beautiful, healthy children and to live in a country where freedom abounds.  In a world of chaos living where we live is truly a blessing, one I think about a great deal...WHY am I so lucky?

I want to say that life is a mystery, but it really isn't!! I know why I am here...to learn and grow in the gospel, to give service to those in need and to raise a family knowing the principals by which to live.  The only mystery is what am I going to do next? And how am I going to succeed?

I'm thankful for my blog, it is an outlet for me to let my creative juices flow.  A place where I can put down my thoughts without judgement. 

3 comments:

  1. I'm thankful to be your Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun on your birthday get away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog and feeling like I am staying caught up with your family! Man, i miss Vulcan some days!

    ReplyDelete