Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Thanksgiving

I had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year!!!  Sunday after church we met at Myrna's with all the Puzey clan, as always the kids were loud but they love spending time with each other playing and chatting.  Us mom's all worked together in the kitchen preparing the meal, and boy was it ever yummy!  I had tried a new salad called Cranberry Fluff!!  It was actually really yummy.  It had chopped up fresh cranberries, cream cheese, whipping cream and mini marshmallows!!  A keeper for sure!

We stayed rather late and by the time the kids got to bed they fell asleep exhausted.  Well, all except Calum!  He started throwing up.  It was a bit of a long night but we made it through. 

The next day, Thanksgiving Day, we woke up to snow, and lots of it.  With the abundance of snow my mom decided to phone all her family and told them not to come for dinner.  Since Arren and I are close we still went over with our families, well minus Jared, Emry and Calum, Emry was coming down with what Calum had so it was best they not infect everyone!!  The meal at my mom's was just as yummy as the one at Myrna's, I was feeling much like a glutton.  My dad was even able to come and celebrate with us, as weird as it was to celebrate with both my mom and my dad together it was also lots of fun!  The kids built a snowman and attempted to toboggan but the snow was a little too sticky for that!  We laughed, visited and just had fun hanging out!

I truly am so thankful for so much, it would be impossible to name them all!  But more than anything I am so thankful for my family.  Jared is such a wonderful husband who does all he can to keep us safe and make us all feel equally loved.  I am thankful for my mom and my dad, my sisters and for Myrna and all my other in laws!  I feel happy and safe when I am with them.  Thanksgiving reminds me to take time and acknowledge all I am blessed with...I am healthy, happy, safe, free and surrounded by those I love, quite literally!!!  What more could I ask for?

3 comments:

  1. Your salad was delicious. I bit into something very yummy and didn't quite know what it was!! It was the cream cheese. So good!! Hope your family is now on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always nice when we can get together. You are very blessed to have both sides of your family so close.

    ReplyDelete