Tuesday, March 21, 2017

35 Years Old

How in the world am I 35?  It feels like I just graduated high school!!  I have so much to be thankful for this year, it truly has been a good year!  Every year I like to reflect on the blessings I have been given and the things I love and this year is no different!!

1. Jared, he truly is my best friend and I couldn't imagine life without all his crazy antics and insistent teasing!!!
2. Our three beautiful children!! Yes, they run me ragged but I love them so much!!
(Emry for her maturity and her never ending help.
Calum for his thoughtfulness-at the Kindergarten Supper Jared bought tickets for the bucket draws and gave 2 tickets to each kid.  There were lots of great things for kids to win-Lego, toys, stuffies-but Calum chose to put his two tickets in the bag to win a ring for me!!! He is so tender hearted, thinking of this still brings tears to my eyes!
Armin for his spunk, he is quite the comedian and I love how he can always make me laugh!!!)
3. My membership in a wonderful Church.  I honestly couldn't imagine where I'd be without such a wonderful purpose in my life!
4. My Savior, knowing that there is a plan for me and I'm not just here by chance really puts everything into perspective.  It is wonderful knowing there is more to this life than just existing and it is because of our Savior and His Atonement.
5. My mom and dad! They have given me so much and I know they are always there for me and they are wonderful friends and examples to me!
6. Myrna!! She is such a wonderful Mother in law and a great friend! I also admire her faith in the gospel and I hope one day to be as strong as she is!!
7. My sister!!  She is such a great example of hard work to me, and is a great friend, she's always there when I need a shoulder to cry on and I love her for it!!
8. My extended family!  I am thankful for the examples of each of them!  I have some pretty awesome nieces and nephews and great sister and brother in laws! They truly are my friends and I consider each one very special!
9. Our home!  Even though it is usually a disaster, I love making memories there with our kids.
10. My job at Rainbow Literacy.  I love the ladies I work with and the job has really made me stretch.  I am thankful I have had the opportunity to learn and grow!
11. The land we live in, I enjoy so many freedoms here in Alberta!  I love looking out my window and seeing nothing but fields and blue skies!
12. Spring!!! I love this time of year when new life takes place!!! We will be having calves soon and I love witnessing their birth!
13. Our community! I am thankful to be apart of wonderful people who are always looking out for each other!
14. Massages!
15. New clothes!
16. Technology! I love having access to what others are up to right at my finger tips!
17. Camping!  I look forward to camping with our kiddos again this summer!  We always have such a great time exploring new places!
18. Trek! I am super excited to be apart of Trek this summer with our Stake.  I am nervous about being a Ma to some of the youth but I am grateful I get to do it along side Jared!  The youth of our Church are so strong, I just hope I can be an example to them!
19. Chocolate Milk or anything chocolate in general!!! It always makes me feel better!!!
20. Reading! I love to read any type of book!
21. Writing! I love to write, I guess that's why I do my blog!!
22. My favorite season is Autumn, I love how the colors change from green to yellow and orange and brown!  I love the long Indian Summers we often get throughout the Fall!
23. Music! Jared has gotten me liking some pretty funky bands that I never would have discovered without him!
24. Movies!  I love our Sunday ritual of watching movies as a family.
25. SLEEP!! I love sleep, especially in my super comfy bed!
26. Weekend getaways!  I'm thankful Jared knows that sometimes I just need a break away from everything except him!  Even if its only for one night!!
27. A clean house.  It really brightens my mood and everything seems to run much more smoothly when our house is clean!
28. Walking!  I hate to run but I really enjoy going for walks!
29. The smell of cinnamon!  I could smell it all day and never get tired of it!
30. Trying new recipes.
31. Our little School!  I love the small classes the kids are in and the new opportunities they have each day to learn and grow!
32. Christmas! I love the sights, the sounds and the smells of Christmas.  I love spending time at home with my family!
33. Warm sweaters and cozy slippers!
34. Our pets!  I love that our dogs guard the farm and bark whenever someone strange comes into the yard.  And our cat, Marshmallow!!! I love how he curls up between my legs at bedtime!
35. Another year to celebrate who I am!

That shouldn't have been as hard as it was!  But I am grateful for it all!  I am grateful to be me and for the opportunity I have to learn and grow in different ways each year!


3 comments:

  1. Loved all the things you are thankful for Amber. Your blog always touches me and makes me grateful for family and the love we all share together. Have a super year ahead. Love, Aunt Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! I hope your birthday was awesome! Love you!

    ReplyDelete