Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Alas, We Have a Teenager!!!!

Emry turned 13 last week!! How is that possible? She is such a delight to have around!!  I love my kind hearted, fun loving, sensitive girl!  She had lots to celebrate for her 13th birthday! 


It started with a birthday dinner on the day of her birthday.  We had Uncle Buck, Auntie Arren, Grandma Debbie and Grandpa Mark, Grandpa Glen, Gilbert and Lily over to help us celebrate.  I made homemade spaghetti sauce the night before so it was staying warm in the slow cooker all day!  Our house smelled amazing for the big event!!  One of Emry's favourite meals is spaghetti so we had that and garlic bread.  We had her favourite dessert too, no bake cheesecake!

Saturday, Jared and I took Emry to the city to go shopping for some clothes and out for a nice dinner!  It was the first time we had been with her just one on one!  It was so fun being with her in that element!  She found some cute golf shirts and shorts and even a pair of capris!!! Spoiled girl!!!



Sunday, we celebrated her special day with Grandma Puzey!  We had her other favourite meal of salmon!  It turned out to be really yummy, a new recipe I tried that had me marinate the salmon for a few hours, this really was flavourful!! We also had mint lemonade slush and baked potatoes!  Another great celebration for a great girl!

I am so thankful for our girl!  I couldn't ask for a better daughter.  She is extremely helpful, she plays with her younger brothers, she helps Jared with the cows (and loves every minute of it!!), she is kind and inquisitive!!  She has a passion for the cows and knows them almost as well as Jared does!  She has many great ideas and often comes up with one before Jared and I has had a chance to think a problem through!  She is neat and tidy and likes things in their proper place!  I couldn't imagine anyone else fulfilling the role of a lifelong friend!  I love her to pieces and am so thankful I get to be her mom!  Happy birthday to a very special girl!!

2 comments: