Thursday, May 18, 2017

Spring Fling and Mother's Day

Last Thursday was the Spring Fling at the School! The kids did such a great job!  Calum's class played 2 songs on the recorder, he was so cute doing this.  With every note he blew into the recorder he would nod his head!!!  He also danced in a flash mob for the song Uptown Funk played by the Junior High Band!!! You could tell he was shy but he did it right along with the rest of the kiddos, I was so proud of him!!!


Emry is playing the trumpet in school and has really been enjoying it, she has come a long way since the beginning of the year and can almost play all the notes!!



Last week we also surprised the kids with a new to us camper!  We do really enjoy camping but tenting it was getting a bit old, especially when we like going to Waterton and we can't be sure we won't break any tent poles with the gale force winds there!!!  Jared happened to be driving to Little Bow for work when he saw a camper for sale on the side of the road, he got the number and called them later that day.  They were asking $3500 for it so Jared thought he'd offer $3000 and they readily accepted!!! So we became the proud owners of a 1976 Prowler!!! 


We told the kids we were going out on a date Friday night, when really we were picking up our trailer.  We got pizza to bring home and eat in the camper with the kids.  Were they ever surprised!! Speechless surprised!!!!  They checked out every nook and cranny, opened the bunk beds and just enjoyed the space!!  We couldn't sleep in it that night because we had a really early morning the next day but we did sleep in it Saturday night and had a great sleep!! The boys even slept in!!! We aren't planning on taking it very far as we don't really have a truck to pull it with, we are just using the one ton right now.  But we have a trip to Little bow planned for this weekend, weird, I never thought I'd be one of those people who camp on May Long Weekend, but here we are and super excited!!!  Being at Little Bow gives Jared the opportunity to go home and do his cattle chores when its his turn, or field work if he needs to!! And the best thing, no cell reception or wifi, so it will just be us and nature for 4 whole days!!


 


  As for Mother's Day, it was a very nice day!! We were able to go to church where we were spoiled with homemade gifts from the Primary kids and chocolates from the Ward.  We had my Mom and Mark and Owen over for dinner, where we had an easy meal of steak and baked potatoes.  I had a nap and just enjoyed being with my family.  I am so thankful for the two mom's I have.  They both inspire me in different ways and are wonderful examples to me of what a mother should be.  I always wanted to be a mom and am so thankful I have had the opportunity to be one 3 times over!  Though, I won't lie, it is hard, harder than I thought it would be. But at the end of the day when I am laying in bed reviewing all I am thankful for, my children always come to mind first!! Even though they are loud, they fight and make messes, I love each one so much.  I love how unique they all are, and how different they are. It was a beautiful Mother's Day!!

1 comment: