Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Healing

It has been just about three months since I broke my ankle.  I am definitely on the mend.  I start physio today and I am hoping that will help relieve some of the tenseness in my muscles.  In the three months since my freak accident I have been able to take in some much need rest and relaxation despite it being summer holidays, I think we all enjoyed ourselves!!  Even while in my wheelchair we still went on little outings and even took a trip to Great Falls for a weekend getaway!!  I am so grateful for Jared and the husband he is, he took on a lot of extra responsibilities without complaining!!

While in Great Falls we did some shopping, Jared and Myrna took the kids to the local outdoor water park (which they had a blast at), and we ate some good food!!  Jared also took the kids on a bike ride along the Missouri River, they said it was a beautiful ride, with smooth paved trails!!  We had a lot of fun just being together as a family!

For the last week of wearing my dreaded boot Lily and I became twins!  She cracked the plate under her big toe and in order for it to heal properly they put her foot in a boot to wear for 6 weeks.  So we got our picture taken together and captioned it "Twinsies!"  Getting out of my boot was scary, I had depended so much on it!  While at my appointment with the surgeon, Dr. Hiscox, she wanted to see how well I could walk on my foot without the boot, I was terrified to take that first step since I hadn't put much weight on it for two months prior to that day.  I took a step and when I realized my ankle wasn't going to buckle underneath me I took another step and then another!  I could do it, though it hurt, a lot!! The pain was from not using the muscles in my foot.



I have successfully been hobbling around, some days I look more normal than others, it still hurts (not really sure what that's about?) but I can do it!!  I have been back at work for two weeks and I am loving my new position! Definitely more busy than I was in my old position!  I love coordinating teachers for the different programs we offer, making new forms for families to fill out and searching Pinterest for activities for upcoming events!!!!

This summer is definitely one I won't soon forget.  I enjoyed the down time with our kids and I feel we grew a little closer!  I feel they all grew up a little too, Emry took on more responsibility and excelled at it!  Armin now goes to bed great without me laying with him.  Jared just reads them a chapter from the Book of Mormon or the Bible, or now they are onto a novel and then they go right to sleep!

Life is good and I am thankful for each and everyone who has helped us during this time!  Whether it was by bringing meals into our home or coming to clean my house, or taking me to appointments, I appreciate you all!!


No comments:

Post a Comment