Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Chocolate Making

This year for our annual chocolate making day I was sick!  So sick in fact that I was sent home to go to bed!!  So I was able to help roll the peppermint and then put the candy cane piece on top of the dipped peppermint!  I also had lunch with everyone before finally heading off to bed, where I stayed the rest of the day.  The cold/flu that hit our entire family was a doozy!  We are still feeling the lingering effects of it, coughing mostly!!  I am happy we were able to get it out of our system before Christmas!

Chocolate making is always so much fun, a lot of work but so fun!!  We were each given an assignment to make three batches of fondant.  I really enjoy making fondant, it is so satisfying watching the mixture change from a liquid to a solid after beating it!  It was Emry's job to clean off the marble slab after, she just enjoyed eating the little bits of fondant that were left!!  But she did a good job and the slab was always ready for the next batch!  I tried two new flavors this year, eggnog and malt, they both turned out great, nice and creamy!!







I was sorry I missed the day with my sister in laws, that is always a highlight to my Christmas season. I am thankful for each of them and all they do for me.  They are wonderful examples and I truly look up to them.  Until next year!!!

1 comment:

  1. I know how much you look foward to chocolate making every year! So sad you were ill:(

    ReplyDelete