Saturday, November 4, 2017

Halloween

I do not particularly like Halloween!  I hate finding costumes and the kids getting so much candy!  I hate the decorations and the spookiness.  But, I do love the time we spend together as a family carving pumpkins and going trick or treating!





This year Calum thought he wanted to be Link from the Legend of Zelda, I even found him a costume early and he loved it!  Then he came across this video on YouTube called Bendy and the Ink Machine.  I've watched some of it with him and I still don't get the point to it, but that is who Calum decided to be for Halloween!  All he needed was a black shirt, black pants, a white bow tie, a cane and a top hat!  I thought I'd just paint his face but my mom, who is so talented, found a black mask and painted it to look like Bendy!  He looked great!  We found all the stuff we needed at Value Village, Emry and Armin's costumes too!  Emry found the cutest, and the only modest pumpkin dress and Armin found a ninja turtle costume!  Perfect!!  Costumes were done!!!



At school the day of Halloween the kids in grades K-6 got to participate in a carnival that the Junior High kids put on!  Emry had fun with her best friend Cale at the snake toss.  The kids came home from the carnival already full of candy!  We had a quick pasta supper while Jared fed cows to prepare them for the upcoming snowstorm.  Then we bundled the kids up and out we went trick or treating!

We stopped at our good friends and neighbor first.  And once back in the car the kids said we weren't allowed to get out and visit anymore!!  On to my mom's and then a few other farms before we headed into Champion to do a few streets there.  In 45 minutes the kids filled two tote size bags full of candy!  We had to make one more stop and it was in Vulcan at the Bishop's house!  Once at home the kids checked their candy and gave mom and dad the things they didn't want, gee thanks!!  It was a little later than usual bedtime and it showed the next morning when everyone woke up tired!!

I am thankful for our three little critters!  Even though they are loud at times and they fight, I still love them and love being around them!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing,I think Armin's pumpkin looks a lot like him!

    ReplyDelete