Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Wedding Bells


On Friday March 16th, 2018 my Mom and Mark got married!!  It was a very quiet celebration with only Arren and I there and Mark's friend DeShaw!  It was held at the Central United Church in Calgary.  An old and beautiful church right in the heart of downtown!  The minister was great!  She really added to the ceremony and made it very personal for them!  DeShaw and Arren were witnesses and I got to be a ring bearer!!!  I gave Mark's ring to mom when it was time to exchange rings!  The vows they wrote for each other were special and sweet, right from the heart!


After the ceremony Mark took us all out for lunch at a little Irish Pub!!  The food was sooooo yummy!!!  It was just down the street from the church so we walked there on the beautiful Spring day!  My mom made her own dress!!!  It was a dress and she converted it into a skirt, she used the sleeve holes as pockets in the skirt! They both wore the jackets they wore when they first met each other!!  It was cute to witness just how in love they are with each other!


It was a beautiful day and so great to spend it with two amazing people! I am thankful for them in my life, for the examples they are to me and for the love they share with me and with each other!  I love seeing my mom so happy, and with Mark by her side I know they will be able to face any challenge that comes their way!



3 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your mom and Mark! How nice to have such a small, intimate ceremony.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give them my congratulations. They look so happy. It was special for you and Arren to be there. Mom P

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute that they wore the same jackets as when they met.

    ReplyDelete