Tuesday, March 27, 2018

36 Years Old

My birthday this year fell on a Wednesday.  And it was a wonderful day!  Calum was scheduled to get his braces put on so him and I had a date in the city for my birthday!  Armin wasn't feeling great so he hung out with us too!!  I had a funfilled day with my two boys and Calum looks extra cute in his braces.  We went for lunch at the mall where we all had our favorite, Armin had pizza, Calum french fries and me a wrap from Opa!  Yummy!!!



After lunch we headed to Walmart to get groceries.  The boys were so good just following me around.  We left the city and went home where we were met by Jared and Emry also coming home for the day.  Jared had a little huddle with each of the kids and in turn they all came up to me and gave me a little gift!!  From Armin I got a giant mint chocolate bar, from Calum I got the movie Jumanji and from Emry I got a pair of sunglasses!!!  So spoiled!!!  I quickly gave them all hugs and thanked them for the gifts and then we headed out to the Irish concert where we had a most delicious pancake supper!!  Then I quietly slipped away to go to a 31 Gifts party at Arren's house!  Jared stayed and listened to the performers at the Irish concert with the kids.

At Arren's party Mom had made a cake and everyone sang Happy Birthday to me!  It was lovely and so nice of them.  It was fun spending my birthday with my sister and my mom and all the other ladies at the party!  I was spoiled by mom and Arren too!!  Arren gave me the Enjo window treatment and mom gave me a rooster decoration and some totes from Hawaii!!

Jared and I went out for my birthday on Saturday and we had such a great time together!!  I love spending time with him, just the two of us!  We went shopping, where I got a new shirt and updated my cell phone!!!  We ate at The Keg and had melt in your mouth steak and we went to a movie!!  We saw Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri!!  It was an okay movie, it kept my interest the entire time but then the ending just, for lack of a better word, sucked!!! We came home to kids sleeping soundly and went straight to sleep ourselves!!  It was a late movie so we didn't get home until after midnight!!!  WOW!!! I must be getting old, we used to go to late movies all the time with no thought of what time we'd get home!!!

I always love having a birthday, it is a time to reflect on the past year and look forward to what another year will bring!  I had a great birthday this year and am so thankful for all those who took time out of their day to wish me well!!  This year is already shaping up to be pretty amazing too!!

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you had such a nice birthday. You deserve it. You are a joy in my life. Love your little family so much. Love Mom P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you had a nice birthday and weekend. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete