Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Double Digits

Calum turned 10 years old at the end of September.  I can't believe he is 10, where does the time go?  He is such a special boy, who is kind and compassionate.  He can be a little annoying but any boy at that age can!!!!  He is always giving me hugs and kisses and tells me when I look nice!!! 


This year for his birthday he requested hot dogs and ice cream cake!!!  To make the hotdogs more adult friendly I always make chilli and we have chilli cheese dogs too!!!  I wasn't going to the city and wouldn't be able to get him an ice cream cake so I made one, and boy was it ever yummy!!!!  I made a brownie crust and them mixed crushed Oreos into vanilla ice cream!!!  After I though it would have been simpler to just buy cookies and cream ice cream but this worked too and wasn't too much hassle!!  Calum loved his cake!!!!  We missed my dad at his party, he had to be in Edmonton to unload potatoes.  But we enjoyed having Grandma Debbie and Grandpa Mark and Owen, Arren and Buck and Gil and Lily.  It was a great night of celebrating for a great boy.







Jared and I did our annual take the birthday kid out, just one on one.  It is so fun doing this.  Calum picked out some Lego sets with the money he got for his birthday.  We ate at the mall, his choosing, and then went to a movie.  We had wanted to see Jurassic World fallen Kingdom but that theatre was being rented out for a party :( so we went and saw Hotel Transylvania 3.  What a horrible movie, but Calum liked it, and that's what counts!!!!  It was a great night...





2 comments: