Monday, January 3, 2011

One Tough Boy!

Earlier this evening Calum sat down on his red Elmo chair, but it must have been sitting on something so it wasn't exactly stable!  When he leaned back into the chair it toppled over backward causing Calum to hit his head on the stone fireplace.  I was upstairs making supper and Jared was with him when it happened, I did hear Calum cry but it was more of an Emry's bugging me cry not a hurt cry.  Jared called to me and said that Calum hit his head hard and was bleeding.  When they came upstairs my tummy sank, there was blood dripping off the back of his head and onto his neck.  I got a damp paper towel to clean it up but had to have Jared finish because my tummy just couldn't handle seeing blood ooze out of my little boys head!  I say he is tough because he hardly cried and when Jared went down to see if any blood got on the carpet he noticed that where Calum hit his head had remnants of his blood on the rock and even some of the rock had been chipped away by his hard head.  Jared asked him if he wanted some tylenol, and Calum said yes, medicine!  Which surprised me because he hates taking medicine, usually Jared has to hold him down while I pour it into his mouth and then hold it shut with a towel.  They went into the laundry room together where Calum say very patiently on the detergent bucket while Jared got the tylenol ready.  Once ready Jared told Calum that the medicine would make his head feel better, Calum took the little cup and instantly poured it on his head!  I guess daddy did say it would make his head feel better!  Jared refilled his cup and this time told him to put it in his mouth, and to my surprise, he did!  Once the tylenol was down, Emry put on her Justin Beiber CD, and Calum was right in there dancing!  Tough little booger!  Myrna said Jared was just like that when he was a little guy, tough as nails!  His head is still bleeding a little and has formed a huge bump, but despite the chipped fireplace all is well!

1 comment: