Friday, February 11, 2011

Date Night Gone Bad!

Jared took the afternoon off work yesterday so he could go to the city to pick up his new cell phone!  The Telus place he ordered it from is only open from 8am-5pm Monday to Friday, so we made a date out of it!  Since we were done our grocery shopping by 4, we thought it would be nice to go to an early movie, something we haven't done for such a long time because by the time we usually get to the city it is after 7pm and all we can catch is a late show and an even later night home!  We really wanted to see "The Tourist" and it happened to be playing at The Movie Mill.  Well usually Jared will not see a show at The Movie Mill because the sound is so terrible, we could always hear the movie playing beside us better than we could hear our own!  Well The Movie Mill just did a bunch of renovations and so we decided to give it another try!  The seats were so comfy, leather (or pleather, I'm not a leather expert!)!  The sound sounded better to me but I forgot to ask Jared what he thought!  Anyway, our experience last night was quite humerous!  First, Armin was a little fussy so I stood with him for about half an hour, when I sat down again I was able to feed him and he fell fast asleep!  Just when the movie started to pick up a bit we heard a strange sound, I seriously thought it was part of the movie, until the screen went black and nothing happened for about 30 seconds.  The film strip was toast!  The staff informed us that they were working on fixing it and not five minutes later they came back and told us that it could not be fixed before the next showing started.  We were all given two free passes for another show.  Jared and I weren't totally sold on the idea of going back, and then when the film died we determined it was a sign that The Movie Mill wasn't for us, however we have to give it two more chances before we can truly rule it out!  It is half the price of the other theatre in town, the only downfall is we have to wait a little longer to see the show if we want to see it at The Movie Mill.  A trade off I think I can live with especially since the price is right, now if only they can keep the film rolling for the duration of the show I will be happy.  We will have to wait for "The Tourist" to come out on DVD if we want to know what happens, because last night was the final showing at The Movie Mill!  I am thinking 2011 will not be our year, so far it seems like our luck has run out :)  I am only kidding, it is just funny to see how bad luck seems to happen all at once!  At least we have to go out on two more dates before May 14th if we want to use our free passes to The Movie Mill, something to look forward to!! :)

1 comment:

  1. I love the mill. I wont pay full price unless I REALLY want to see it. Most times we just wait until the library has it. I must be really cheap.

    ReplyDelete