Saturday, August 25, 2012

Girls Club

My dad took Emry and Lily on their annual girls club day!  This year he wanted to take them to the salon to get their hair and nails done!  The girls had an absolute blast, they totally idolize their Grandpa!  The day started out at Chatters where Emry and Lily each got a haircut, and then they both got a manicure!  They were in heaven when they were able to pick any colour they wanted to put on their nails, and they each picked two different colours...Lily, purple and blue and Emry, blue and orange!
Emry's first salon experience!







After their spa treatment we went for lunch at Moxie's, and then off to the mall to get a new outfit for school!  Arren was beside herself with excitement when Lily picked out a girly skirt and a sparkly sweater!  So together the girls got a new outfit, both skirts...Lily picked a blue one (I am starting to see a pattern...blue must be Lily's favourite colour!) and Emry picked out a leopard print skirt!  She also found an adorable leopard print hat with the bright pick ribbon tied around it.  So to complete the outfit we found a bright pink shirt and black tights.  Lily found a sweater to match her skirt and a silver shirt as well as a silver sparkly headband!  They had fun picking clothes with Grandpa Glen and even came up with a new word for everything they saw...Funky Chicken!

After shopping Arren and I went to do our shopping while dad took the girls to Toys R Us to pick out a baby shower gift for my cousin and then it was off to a movie with his two special girls!  He took them to see "The Odd Life of Timothy Green", which they said was super good!  Dad even said it had been a long time since he teared up in a movie!  While dad and the girls were walking through the mall Dad had said something about funky chicken and I don't know if Lily just had enough of the silly saying but I guess she turned to Emry and said, "If he doesn't stop with the funky chicken I am going to give him a funky chicken!"  She comes up with some pretty cute things and truly has a mind of her own!

After the movie we all met at McDonald's!  It was a fun day for all of us, I had a great afternoon with my favourite sister in the whole wide world, even though all we did was grocery shop, it was still fun to be with her!  I really admire our friendship!  I know the girls had a blast with Grandpa Glen, the next day Emry couldn't stop talking about the great time she had and she wore her new hat all day, it really looks so cute on her!

I admire my dad for the time he takes to be with his girls, especially when it required sitting in a salon and shopping!  They are making memories that will truly last forever, I am so thankful they have a grandpa so close and one they can look up to and go to for anything they may need!


2 comments:

  1. That is funny that Emry is saying Funky Chicken now too. Leah and Cora have been saying that forever. Was the movie good? It looked like one I want to see. What did you end up doing with the boys?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounded like the movie was really good! Christie Bach and a friend of hers watched the boys. I wasn't sure how that was going to go since they were both screaming and crying as I was trying to leave! At one point Calum even had ahold of my hair trying to keep me there! Just as we passed Nobleford Christie called me and told me everything was going really good, and then when Jared got home that night at 7:30pm the boys didn't want the girls to go! So I think it went great and I will definitely have her back again!

      Delete