Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Happy Birthday Jared

Tuesday was Jared's 37th Birthday!  It was not a great day for us to celebrate it with all the other things we had going on!  Jared and I both worked and then I had Yoga and he and Emry had a practice for the skit they are in on Friday night for our Stake Cultural Night!  So with his actual birthday being totally booked we celebrated the night before!  I had made his favourite, chicken cordon bleu (a huge thanks to Myrna for putting it in the oven for me!) and root beer float cupcakes!  We invited Myrna over and Dave was able to come too since he was out working on his house!  The kids and I gave Jared a new pair of work boots and when he tried them on Armin said, "those are awesome!!"

It was a fun evening, and my cupcakes were super yummy too, I'm sure there is a recipe out there for the way I did them but instead of looking I attempted my own version, and they were spectacular!  I decided last minute to fill the chocolate cupcake (with a hint of root beer flavouring) with whipped cream.  I thought it would really taste like a root beer float if I added root beer extract to the whipped cream too!  And then I iced the cupcakes with simple vanilla icing!  It really did taste like a root beer float to me!



About 2 months ago Jared emailed me a link for a concert that was coming to Calgary!  A huge hint I think!!  So I looked into it and saw that this particular concert was scheduled for October 26th, a perfect birthday present!  So I got tickets!  The concert was soooooooooooo good!  It was Chris Cornell, with only his guitar!  He was the lead singer for Soundgarden and Audioslave, both great bands!  But seeing him solo was really good too!  The concert was at the Jubilee so great seats and amazing sound!  He ended up playing some of his Soundgarden hits as well as a Beatles song, a John Lennon song and a Led Zeppelin song!  It was so fun!  I asked Jared if he would like to out for dinner before the concert, and since it was for his birthday he could pick wherever he wanted!  He picked Five Guys Burgers and Fries!  It was yummy, never a disappointment!  All the way to and from Calgary we listened to the new 24 hour comedy station on the radio and both of us were in tears from laughing so hard!  One comedian came on and said how he would have loved to be in on the pitch meeting for one of the songs in Dora the Explorer.  It went something like this, "So what do you have for the song so far?"  "Well, not much, we are still working on it."  "Sing a little bit for us."  "Now? Well, okay....'I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map, Iiiii'mmmmmm the MAP!"  "Wow!  I really like how it changes a bit at the end!"  After we recovered from laughing so hard we both did wonder how that song made it into the show!

It was a fun birthday, hopefully Jared had as much as I did celebrating another year!  I sure love him and even though I know he doesn't always feel like he is at the top of my priority list I love him truly more than anything in this entire world!  Yes, I love my children more than anything too, but my love for Jared is different, he is my very best friend!  I love laughing with him, crying with him, fighting (yes, we fight sometimes!!), cuddling with him (or as he puts it, leaning on him!!), kissing him, hugging him and just being with him!  He is a wonderful father to our children, he plays with them, teases them and just plain loves them!  He is hard working, life loving and handsome!  He teaches me so much and loves me more than I deserve!  I am thankful for another year with him and look forward to many, many more!


2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Jared! Looks like it was a great day. Fabulous pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great birthday week. Sometimes it is nice to have it dragged out. Glad you enjoyed the concert.

    ReplyDelete