Friday, October 25, 2013

Uummmmmm?

I have not had anything really exciting happen to journal about in the last couple of weeks!! But as I sit here and reflect on all that has happened memories come back to me!!!

At the end of August my mom and Mark had my sister and I and our families over for supper! It was an end of summer sort of celebration! They had a long sheet of plastic set up down a small hill with the sprinkler on it to make a slip and slide! The kids loved this, the "big" kid too!!! Jared saw how much fun the kids were having so he got his suit on and joined the fun! Everyone was covered in grass so they all jumped in the pool to clean off!! Jared, Emry and Gilbert played water basketball, while Calum floated on a blow up chair!! The water was way too cold for him! Lily and Armin jumped on the trampoline and later Arren and I joined them! We had hot dogs and super yummy ribs that Mark made, salads and s'mores!  It was a great kick off for back to school and a wonderful end to a beautiful summer!

I have been working at the Pharmacy more than I am supposed to be scheduled for! So I haven't had a lot of one on one time with Armin. I did go into Okotoks with him yesterday morning before I went into work. My dad stayed at McDonalds with him while I was at my appointment and they had fun together! When dad first got there he asked a lady who was in the play area with her daughter if she could keep an eye on Armin while dad got their breakfast. When dad went back in with their food the lady said Armin was singing a song, she recognized it but just couldn't seem to put the words to it! Dad said, "we built this city on rock and roll"? She laughed and said yes that was it!! Armin is constantly singing this song!! When it was just "ampa" and Armin left in the play place, my dad went up to the top with Armin! Armin thought it was hilarious, especially when ampa pretended he was stuck and Armin would have to push him down!!

After my appointment Armin and I went to Costco! He wore his Scottish cap Buck and Arren brought back for him. I seriously lost count at how many elderly men stopped to tell us they loved his hat!! One was even wearing a hat similar to Armin's!

It was a great day!! So, even though not much has happened these past two weeks, many great memories have still been made!  So Dad, I hope this appeases your blog withdrawal!!!!

1 comment: