Saturday, October 5, 2013

Life

This past couple of weeks have been just two typical weeks in the Puzey home!  Last Friday night Jared, Myrna and I drove up to Calgary to see Valdy play at the Calgary Folk Club!! It was totally a last minute decision!! Jared had heard Monday on CKUA radio that Valdy would be in Calgary! Tuesday he asked me if I could get tickets so I looked into it and was totally able to! While I was on their site getting the tickets I noticed the opening act was going to be Michael Jerome Brown!!!!!! We have seen him a couple of times before and actually got Emry's name from one of his songs!!!  It was a great concert, the atmosphere was not quite the same as at the Lethbridge Folk Club, there were about 10 times the people in Calgary!!!

Saturday I had to work and while I was helping a lady find a hand brace I feel something hit me in the back. At first I thought it was the lady I was helping because she was standing slightly behind me! I turned to see and noticed a Chapstick package on the floor and wondered about why it was there when I heard a familiar giggle!! My mom was hiding behind the Chapstick rack!  I was quite excited because she had been in Mexico for the week, and my sister left for Scotland at the same time so I was feeling pretty lonely without them!! It happened to be lunch time when my mom stopped in so I was able to go have lunch with her and Mark! It was fun hearing about their week on the beach!!

Monday was the last day of work for the Pharmacy Manager where I work. This was sad because she was quite close with a lot of the customers and did go above and beyond to help them out. The Pharmacist and I did have a little going away do for her, we ordered in lunch, I brought her favorite cream cheese brownies and we gave her a card with words of thanks written inside!! It was a pretty good day despite the sadness attached to someone leaving. 

Thursday Emry had her annual Cross Country Run in Arrowwod! She did well, I wasn't able to go see her but she told me all about it when she got home! 

Friday I found out I won a $20 gift card for a home decor store in Lethbridge!  I had actually never heard of it before but saw the contest advertised on my Facebook page so I decided to enter! All I had to do was pick a number between 8 and 1888! So in the comments I wrote our box number!  The next morning I noticed I had a notification saying my number was picked through an automated draw!! So I asked Jared if he would like to go have a nice dinner with me in Lethbridge! Myrna agreed to babysit and off we went! I told Jared where to go to get to the store where my newly acquired gift card awaited me! Jared was sure this place didn't exist, it was located behind Canadian Tire in a sort of dark alley! But we found it, parked and sat there for a minute watching the building! Then the door opened and a respectable lady walked out looking fairly pleasant! I decided to go in and see for myself!! It was amazing, the exact type of decor I love!! And not expensive at all!! I claimed my gift card and told the cashier I couldn't wait to come back when I'm all by myself and thoroughly look around!! 

Jared and I then headed to Moxies for a kid free supper!! It was lots of fun! I love going out with Jared, we always have fun teasing each other, laughing, reminiscing, talking about the antics of our three adorable kids and just being together!! He truly is my best friend, I love him so much and really needed that night with him! I feel renewed and ready to face the challenges that are sure to come!

Overall it was an uneventful couple of weeks but fun nonetheless!  New memories were made and that is always something to treasure!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Congrats. That is cool. I have seen that contest on FB and have friends that shop there. I love everything they get. I keep thinking I should check it out it is right next to Cora's gymnastics. Can't wait to see what you spend it on.

    ReplyDelete