Friday, January 17, 2014

A Day in the Life....

Since I fed cows for Jared last week and did an exceptional job :) he asked if I could do it again this week!!! He had planned on doing it himself yesterday morning before he left for work but it's still dark when he leaves and that's what he was trying to avoid! So I said Armin and I could do it once the other two kiddos got on the bus! We got our working clothes on and headed out! First we stopped at the fencer to unplug it and then into the shop to get the tractor! I remembered everything I needed to do to start it and engage the hydraulics without having to call Jared!! Armin was pretty excited to be in the tractor ( NOT a beebee!!!) we had a bit of a deadline as my visiting teacher was coming at 9:30 and Armin and I had to be in Vulcan at 10:45 for a doctors appointment! We finished and were just driving the tractor back to the shop when my visiting teacher drove into our yard!

I had no trouble picking up the bales this time, I really got the hang of it!! We carried in six bales and then turned off the tractor and cut the strings!! Armin held my hand as we walked toward each bale and he would say, "look out cows!!" I would cut the strings and he would grab one and walk around the bale to get it off!  It was much more fun having a little helper, he chatted my ear off and pointed at which bale we should pick up next!!  It's a good thing I was able to feed for Jared in the morning because the ground was still frozen, by the time we got back from Vulcan the surface ice started melting and our yard became a mud pit!!! It would have been a messy nightmare if Jared had to do it in the dark with all the sticky mud!

After my visiting teacher left I put on Toy Story 2 for Armin while I put the tractor away and plugged the fencer back in! Armin and I then headed up to Vulcan for my appointment, got groceries and then shared a giant slice of "pineapple" pizza for lunch! Once we got home I cleaned and reorganized our entry closet!! Much better!!  Today I decided to rearrange our bedroom!! I love moving furniture around, it always feels so fresh and new!!! I think we will tackle the music room next!! Jared got a gun safe from John Deere and he put it in "his" room but it needs to be better organized so his beautiful safe can be showcased!!!  Tonight we are having roasted short ribs (courtesy of one our nerd cows) with asparagus and baked potatoes!! And Emry made a vanilla cake for dessert!! Her first attempt ever at baking all by herself!! And she did a fabulous job!!

It has been a great week so far!!! I'm thankful for all I am blessed with everyday!!

2 comments:

  1. You are amazing Amber. What a farm wife you have become. That is so awesome how you can manage that tractor, bales , a home and a little toddler too. You inspire me ..........Loved your blog. Jared is a lucky man to have you by his side helping on the farm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly think I am the lucky one to have Jared by my side!!! He is truly my best friend and such a support to me!!! Thanks so much aunt Sheila for your kind words!!!!

      Delete