Thursday, June 19, 2014

June

I can't believe how fast this month has gone!!! Calum is officially finished kindergarten and he had a blast!! I am worried about his unpredictable behavior at times, hopefully we can get a handle on it this summer and he will be good as new for next year! His grad was last week and it was short and sweet!!! His class sang two songs, they were to the tune of "In Summer" from Frozen about becoming a Grade Oner!! And the other one was to the tune of "Do You Want to Build a Snowman?" Also from frozen!!! They all looked so grown up in their black cap and blue gown!!! 

The next day the kindergarten class took a trip to the zoo!! It is so fun to see how some of the Mennonite kids react to the sites and sounds of the city!!! I was able to take Armin and a friend of mine and her one year old boy also came along!! The weather was pretty5 perfect!! Not too hot and just enough cloud cover that we didn't get scorched!!! We all travelled around as a group and had a great time!! 

I have had the opportunity to work again at the Carmangay Colony School and also at the Vulcan Outreach School as a secretary!!! I sooooo enjoy being in the school!!

Spock Days was last weekend so the kids and I ventured into the parade!! It was fun!! We also checked out the bouncy houses and the ponies!!!



Jared and Dave had planned months ago to ride their bicycles through the Kanaskis before the highway was open to vehicles!!! They had a good time and even managed to stay dry!!! When Jared came home that night he google mapped the route they rode and realized at the point where they both had had enough riding uphill they were only 2 km from the top!!!! This was after riding for 40ish km!!! So next year they know they can and will make it to the top!!!

Jared has been busy with cows, as usual!!! But we are hanging in there and looking forward to nice hot-'ish' summer!!! He has been quite busy with work and all the rain we have been getting!! He has to closely monitor the level of the dams so can open gates to ensure the dams won't burst because they are over full!!!! 

Armin and I had a nice quiet day together today!! I has to get my blood tested so together we headed up to Vulcan!! We had lunch together at subway, he was a rather cute lunch date!!!!


My energy levels are feeling rather depleted :( not quite sure why and my house is really suffering!! Maybe it's the gloomy weather?

Our puppy, Fender, is growing like a weed!!! He is great pals with Gibson and often when we look out5 the window we can see the two of them wrestling or playing tug of war with a rope!!! He is such a mild mannered puppy and except for always trying to take Armin down by biting his shirt he is a great puppy!!! 




I have a hard time believing the school year is winding up!! Calum will be in grade one and Emry in grade five!!!!   We really are lucky to live where do and have everything we need!!! I do seem to get down more often than not but I'm trying to change that aspect of my life. 

I look forward to what the summer will bring and the many great memories we will make!!!

3 comments:

  1. amazing how fast it goes isn't. Glad you are having fun at the schools.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Calums grad was so nice. He looked so cute in his cap and gown and so serious! You couldn't miss his smile when Mrs. Kaiser mentioned there would be cookies and cupcakes! Amber made some extremely cute mini cupcakes that were a big hit. I really enjoy watching all my grandchildren. They are all growing up too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am that reminds me of that old saying...Cheer up things could be worse......
    So I cheered up and sure enough things got worse! Oh and don't sweat the small stuff!

    ReplyDelete