Friday, April 17, 2015

Goat Farm

Last month the Kindergarten kids were able to take a trip to a local farm.  We were able to see African Pygmy goats that were only a few hours old...Oh did I want to take one home with me...The kids loved them I think as much as I did! It really was quite a learning experience for me!  Baby goats, or kids rather, will start to eat solid food literally hours after being born.  The mothers will only nurse them for about 2 months before they are shipped out to families purely as pets!  And it is very common and almost expected that a mother goat will give birth to twins or triplets!! 







It was so much fun!!  It is neat to learn about the interesting facts of other animals!  I especially loved holding the little goats and looking at all their different markings and color patterns!!

1 comment:

  1. They would be way more fun then cattle I bet!

    ReplyDelete