Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Easter

This Easter was a quiet one! We were able to spend Good Friday with my moms side of the family. It was so nice to see my grandma and aunts and uncle.  We were also celebrating my grandmas 87th birthday!! What an accomplishment!!!! My older sister put together an Easter scavenger hunt for the kids and they had a blast looking at the picture clues to find their next prize!!! The weather was beautiful considering what came on Saturday.....snow!!!!! 

Saturday we got all cozy under blankets in the basement and watched general conference!!! I love being able to stay home to watch it, I find I get so much more out of it!!! I loved ALL the talks given Saturday morning, all of them seemed to be just for me, exactly what I needed to hear!! After the session was over we all headed up to Vulcan to grab some groceries and we got subs for lunch!! We made it home just in time for the second session!! It too was very good!! We were able to sustain the First Presidency and all the general officers!!! Such a great opportunity for us to be able to show our love and support to those who are called by God to lead and guide us!!!  Not too long after the second session finished Jared headed into the Priesthood session with his brother while the kids and I had waffles for supper and decorated Easter eggs!!

Sunday morning we were encouraged by our bishop to attend the morning session at the church! I'm glad we went, even though I said I get so much more out of conference when I can watch it in the comfort of our home...well our kids behaved reasonably well so I was able to get exactly what I needed from it!!!! We came home and had super yummy beef dip, my favourite after church meal, and got ready to watch the last session of conference....again just what I needed!!!

I have been in quite a horrible funk lately :( I just can't seem to snap out of it.  My mind is spinning with so many thoughts, my stomach constantly hurts, I can't seem to stay focussed on anything for more than a minute, I've gained so much weight because all I seem to do is stuff my face with food, and not good food :( but through all this restlessness I was able to glean some hope from general conference. Our Prophet truly is called of God and his councillors and all other officers are too. The things they said spoke to my heart. Now to put those words to action...if only it was as easy for me to do than just say! Some quotes that really spoke to me:




This week as I remember the gift our Saviour gave to us I hope I will be able to pull myself out of this funk and apply His teachings more fully to my life. I truly am grateful for the gospel in my life or I'm afraid I would be pulled fully into the depths of despair.









4 comments:

  1. Conference was wonderful wasn't it! I hope it helps boost your spirits. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Am I know things will get better! And by all means lean on your faith:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dad!!! Love you!!!! And love to you too Lalainia!!!!

      Delete