Monday, June 15, 2015

Silly String Wars

I thought it was a such a great idea when I saw Char post about her kids having a silly string war, and then today I was in the grocery store and I saw a bin full of silly string!!  I instantly thought "Ah ha!! Tonight is Family Home Evening so I am going to have the best activity ever!!!! It also happened to be 15% off day at the grocery store so I was able to buy one for each of us!!








Once Calum was finally convinced that it was not going to in fact be a "war" he got right in and had a blast!!  They had so much fun that it was a huge disappointment when the aerosol ran out thus putting a dramatic end to the silly string!!!  I promised I would find more sometime and then we would do it again!

Gibson loves being right with us!!!

Emry gave us a great lesson about what to avoid so we wouldn't block out the feelings from the Holy Ghost.  I loved her object lesson how when you put a coin in a glass jar you can hear it very well when shaken, it tinges and chimes...but when you add water to the jar it is harder to hear the tinges and chimes when the jar is shaken, much like our lives when trying to feel or hear the Holy Ghost.  We talked about the things that prevent us from hearing the Holy Ghost...Calum mentioned watching shows with bad language or shows that use Heavenly Father's name in vain.  Armin said not saying our prayers...


2 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! I think we'll have to try that too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved Emry's lesson on the Holy Ghost. Loved the way she presented it with the jar and water. Your kids are growing up so fast Amber. Hope to see you all at the reunion on Sept. 12. Love, Aunt Sheila

    ReplyDelete