Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Farm Girl Through and Through

Jared had asked me to feed the cows for him last Friday...they were very hungry and he was running behind that morning before he went to work, so I said sure!!!  They must get hungrier quicker while they are producing milk for their calves because they sure moo a lot to let us know they want food!!!  Well, I was feeling my usual unmotivated self that morning and barely made it to Vulcan in time for the kids eye appointments just after lunch...so needless to say I didn't get the cows fed until later in the afternoon early evening :( thankfully Jared was out of town for a team building meeting so I still had time to feed them before he would be home!! 

The kids and I got home around 4pm and Armin and I got in the tractor while Calum and Emry piled on the quad!! Together they went to open the gate while Armin and I got two bales!  After I set the bales down Emry came to the tractor and got the knife (she knew EXACTLY where to find it too!!!) and went back to the bales to cut the strings!! So Armin and I went to get more bales!! Emry took the initiative and cut all the strings while I set the bales out...8 to be exact!!! She even told me I needed to flip one bale over so she could get to the strings!! She not only gathered all the strings but also took them all and put them in the burning barrel once we got back to the yard!!!  She is such a trooper and gets right involved!! She LOVES the cows and being on the farm!!! 

After coming in and having supper I decided to go cut the grass, or rather the dandelions!!!! Emry had to show me how to start the mower!! When I ran out of gas it was her I asked where to find more!!!! 

She truly is a farm girl...I am so proud of her in every way!!!!

2 comments:

  1. She is definitely a lovely young woman....Cherish her before you know it she will be off��

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looked like you where all having fun.

    ReplyDelete