Thursday, March 24, 2016

34 Years Old

I wasn't sure what to write about for my 34th Birthday.  I like doing the list of things I'm thankful for but it doesn't change from year to year, I only add to it!!! I thought that would be too repetitive and boring for others to read, then I thought repitition is the key to learning ;) so in keeping with tradition, here is my list revised to suit this year and added to!!!

1. The Gospel.  I am so happy I made the decision to be baptized into such a wonderful religion.  I have witnessed many blessings in my life because of my faith!

2. Jared!  He truly is a wonderful man, so caring and compassionate.  He is very supportive of my many crazy ideas and helps bring me back to earth when my ideas really truly will not work!

3. Our three crazy kids!  I love each one of them more than words can express.  They each have a unique personality and I am so thankful I have the opportunity to be their mom!

4. My home.  It truly is a beautiful home, I love the fact that Jared built it and together we have made it a house full of lots of love and laughter!

5. Books!  I LOVE to read!

6. Chocolate!  Milk chocolate...Right now it's mini eggs, I can't get enough of them!!!!

7. This year I am really into hoodies!!!! They are so comfy and warm, and camoflaughe the enormous amount of weight I've gained :( 

8. The mountains!  I love being able to see them off in the distance, snow covered and majestic!

9. The flat prairies!  I love looking out any one of our windows and being able to see for miles on end.

10.  Durum Wheat!  I think this is my absolute favourite grain crop!  I love the brown hues on the bearded wheat.  I love it when the wind is gently blowing through the crop making it look like waves in the water.

11. My family...my mom, my dad and my sisters!  I am so thankful for them in my life, for all they have taught me and continue to teach me.  I am thankful for their love and support and for words of advice in time of need.

12. My extended family!!!  I am so thankful for the Puzey family and for the way they have accepted me with open arms of love.  They are always there when I am in need, showing support and encouragement.  I am so thankful to have married a man from such a kind, loving, caring and compassionate family!

13. Broccoli!  I am not supposed to eat too much of it because it has so much potassium, which can thin out my blood too much!  But I really do love it...it is so yummy!

14. Walking.  I don't do it nearly enough, but I really do enjoy going outside for a walk.

15. Making cards!

16. Being able to have a calling in such a wonderful Church!! My calling now is the assistant enrichment leader in Relief Society, and I'm still the secretary in the Stake Primary!!!

17. Cupcakes.  I really enjoy making new cupcakes.  I haven't made one yet that I don't like!

18. Baking in general!  I love trying new recipes!  I find it absolutely fascinating to mix flavours and seeing the way things come together from a liquid type form into something so moist and fluffy!

19. Cats.  I have liked them better outside in more recent years but I love the way they like to curl up on my lap and purr.  The sound of their purring is so soothing!

20. Dogs!!  I love how loyal dogs are. I feel safe having Gibson keeping watch outside.  When he barks it lets me know that either a strange car has come in the yard or there is a coyote out in the field.  I like how strangers are leery of him even though he really is harmless!  He has a very intimidating bark! And now we have a huge monster of a dog to keep Gibson company!! I absolutely love Fender and how he looks so ferocious but is really a big cuddly fur ball!!

21. Bread!  Especially now with my new Bosch!!!! I hope I never have gluten intolerances because I don't think I could give up bread!  And for my mother in law bringing us fresh loaves every so often!!!

22. Lego!  I love how the kids LOVE to play with it and will play for hours using their imaginations building things for all their mini figures!

23. Trees.  Though we don't have a lot where we live I love how every single tree is different, how they can be planted right beside each other but they grow in such different ways.

24. Autumn.  I love the colours of fall.  How the leaves change colours at different times and create a menagerie of tones and textures!

25. Cookies!  Any cookie really!  I love baking cookies and eating cookies.  My family calls me The Cookie Monster!  They can be homemade or store bought, it really doesn't matter!

26. The idea of gardening!!  I want to love gardening, I love having fresh vegetables but I don't like weeding it and thinning out the rows.

27. Decorating our house to suit the season or holiday!

28. Movies!  There really isn't a movie I haven't liked.  I always seem to find something I like about it.

29.  Cuddling on the couch with Jared.  Though he describes it more as leaning against him!  I love that time in the evenings after the kids have gone to bed when we can just sit together and watch t.v.!!

30. Music!  I particularly love the Disney music from the most recent movies, but I really love all types of music (except rap!!).  I love playing it loud while cleaning the house.  I love how all our kids sing along and dance.

31. Visiting Teaching!  I am not always very diligent about getting it done but I love going and I also love having Visiting Teachers come see me!  I love the common bond we share in the gospel, raising our families and generally trying to do our best!

32. My country!  I am proud to be Canadian and would not want to live anywhere else in the world!

33. For my blog! I love writing and it allows me to release all these crazy thoughts in my head!!!!

34. For Emry turning 12 this year and moving up to Young Women's. I'm excited for this change in her life and I look forward to what the year has to offer. And finally for Calum turning 8 and being able to be baptized!!

It was a great year, I look forward to what this year has to offer and all the memories we will make!!! I'm in a better place mentally this year and I'm happy about that!!! This will be a good year.... I can feel it!!!!

2 comments:

  1. After hearing about broccolini for years we finally tried it last week. Very delicious. I wonder if it has lower potassium? ? I tried to look it up and it seemed so. Could ask your Dr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gratefull for your blog:)

    ReplyDelete