Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Christmas 2016

This was a very quiet, yet fun filled Christmas!!!  Jared took the two days before Christmas off which was a nice start to the holidays!  While the kids were in school Thursday, he and I went into Lethbridge to pick up our Prime rib roast for Christmas day and some other groceries.  Boy am I ever glad we only had a couple of days to wait with the kids before Christmas came!  They were wired!  We set up a puzzle and a car model making station, so that kept everyone relatively busy.  I also had the kids decorate sugar cookies and make a gingerbread house. 

Christmas Eve we had Myrna over, we had appetizer foods, watched a movie and read "T'was the Night Before Christmas" before the kids sprinkled their reindeer food outside and put cookies and milk out for Santa.  Then it was time for bed.  They all went to sleep fast so Jared, Myrna and I visited for awhile before we too went to sleep.  All day it had been snowing big white fluffy flakes, so picturesque, a beautiful white Christmas!


Christmas morning came early, which was a good thing since we had church to be at by 10am!  We got right into opening presents and eating cinnamon rolls. The kids were all happy with all they got!! Armin had wanted a train lego set and got one.  Jared custom made an electric guitar for Calum which turned out to be so cool.  And Emry got a mini iPad. We all got ready for church and headed in.  The service was so nice, lots of musical numbers, Jared played the guitar while Leah and Emry sang Away in a Manger (so good!) and great speakers too.  It really helped me to remember why we celebrate this special time of year.








 
 
After church we came home and I started to get our dinner ready, Prime rib!! Emry and Myrna watched The Sound of Music while the boys built their lego sets and Jared worked on their model car.  My dad came too and helped where he could!!  Dinner was ready a little later than I had planned but it still turned out so yummy.  Myrna made the gravy, which was to die for.  My mom and Mark also came for dinner, we had a full house but was so fun to have everyone there.

 

 
Jared also had the week off after Christmas, so it was spent doing much of the same, puzzles, lego, and model car building.  He also took the kids "hooding" behind the quad, dealt with cow stuff and just hung out.  We spent a couple days during that week to celebrate Christmas with Myrna and the rest of the Puzey clan.  Again, Jared took the kids "hooding", they all had so much fun even though it was cold!!  We also went into the church to play basketball and had a nerf gun war!  Everyone had so much fun and there were minimal tears!!

 






New Year's Eve Calum woke up with the flu :( not fun.  So our plans to go to the city were put off until Monday!!  But we watched movies at home and rang in the New Year with the kids around 10pm!! They didn't seem to mind too much, they were tired!


Monday we took the kids to the city to go to a movie!  We split up because the boys were too scared to go see anything but Muana!! So Jared, Emry and Myrna went to Rogue One and the boys and I went to Muana!  It turns out both were really good and we were happy we split up!!  Later in the week the kids and Myrna and I went to see Sing with Rachel and her boys.  It too was cute!!! 

So that was our Christmas celebrations!! We are into a New Year, one I am excited about.  I plan on getting myself much healthier so I don't keel over when Jared and I do TREK with the youth in July!

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful family holiday! Thanks for allowing me to join in your family fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I figured you would blog today since you are back at work. :) What a wonderful Christmas for you guys. As I saw those pictures of armin in his underwear I laughed thinking of Jared on your recent movie night. Your house must be too hot for some and too cold for others. No in between.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU GET TO GO ON TREK?!?!?!?! I am so jealous!!!

    Glad you had a great chrismas!

    ReplyDelete