Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Toone and Puzey Outing

In July we were invited by Bill Toone, David's cousin, to have a hotdog roast in the hills.  Bill owns land west of Claresholm into the foothills.  He runs his cattle there in the summer so we had some extra company too!!  Because of the fireban in the southern part of the province we weren't able to roast hotdogs, but the Toone's brought them and they were still warm and yummy. After dinner we were all asked to introduce ourselves, say who our parents are and one thing we are thankful for.  Almost everyone there said they were thankful for family.  Neat how one word can connect us all.  After we said a closing prayer, Emily and Macie sang a silly song, Bill's granddaughters, while they were singing Armin asked me if he could sing a song.  I told him he'd have to ask Bill, and to my surprise he did.  Once the girls were done their song Bill said there was one more number and Armin got up and sang his song that his Kindergarten class sang at their graduation.  He is such a performer, no fear at all.







After Armin's song most everyone went for a hike up the hill from the creek to see a "bear".  I had to stay back because of my ankle :( but I was able to have a good visit with Bill and Rita (Bill's wife) and Bill's sister's.  The hike took Jared and the kids until almost dark, they were such troopers and had so much fun with new found cousins.  It was great to catch up and though I debated about whether or not to go with my broken ankle, I am really glad I went.




Although this summer has been rough with not being able to do much, we are making the most of it and having fun being together as a family.  Our house has been through the depths of despair with toys strewn all around, but two little elves came in one day while we were gone and cleaned from top to bottom!!!!  It was so nice of my mom and sister to do this for us, Calum said our house was clean enough to sell!!!  My ankle is healing well, still sore from time to time, at least the scars look cool!!  I get to see the surgeon again on August 24 and should be able to walk right out the hospital without my aircast on.

1 comment:

  1. Wow fun outing!....Which teacher did you have that called you Sunshine,can you remember?

    ReplyDelete