Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Calum is 9

I have been thinking Calum already turned 9, long before he actually did!! Oops!!  He's a big, solid boy who looks older than he is!!  To celebrate his big day we had Grandpa Glen, Grandma Puzey, Buck, Arren Gilbert and Lily over!  We had the typical chili cheese dogs, so yummy, and a fancy cake!!  He is so into Legends of Zelda right now I decided to make him Link's shield!!!  Much harder than I thought it would be!!  I tried to use fondant to decorate it and that didn't go well, so back to plain old buttercream frosting!!  It turned out not too bad, but definitely not my best work!!




He was given great gifts, mostly money!!! YAY!!! And some Legends of Zelda action figures he has had his eye on for quite some time!!  He was pretty happy!

Sunday for his actual birthday we had Grandma Debbie and Owen and Grandma Puzey over for a real quick dinner as I had to leave for the Symposium in Edmonton that afternoon!  Calum was pretty bummed out that I had to leave on his birthday but Jared made up for it by watching a funny movie with them! 

Friday when I got home from the Symposium Jared and I took Calum out for his one on one date night with us!  I convinced him to get a hair cut but the payoff was eating at McDonald's for his birthday meal!!!  We also took him shopping where he spent some of his money he got from his birthday on Pokemon cards and a video game!  We then went to see the Lego Ninjago Movie, it was good, maybe not as good as the original Lego Movie, but still good!  He loved it!!  Coming home that night he rested his head on the centre console and entwined his stubby little fingers in my hair!  He fell asleep this way, I loved it! 



He is such a kind, tender hearted little boy.  He is loud and full of spirit, but I love him to pieces!!  He worries about what is happening in the world and gets saddened by all the violence out there!  He cares for his brother and sister and shows us little glimpses of his kindness from time to time!  I love doing these one on one dates with our kids, it gives them a chance to talk without competition and they open up more than they would with their siblings around!!

Happy Birthday to a very special 9 year old!!! We love you so much!!!

1 comment:

  1. Was a great party,I get a kick out of Calums energy!

    ReplyDelete