Friday, October 13, 2017

Thanksgiving

We had a rather quiet Thanksgiving this year!!  We only had one dinner to go to and it was at my Mom's, and it was only our family, Arren's family and Avi there to celebrate!  But it was a great time with lots of laughs, great visiting and of course food!!!

I really enjoy spending time with family and having cousins play together!!  Mark had found a bicycle just Armin's size so he had to go out and give it a try!  The day started out kind of snowy but turned into a beautiful fall day, with only a little wind!!

Mom had found hair extensions the exact same color as Calum and Lily’s hair!  The boys had a great time pretending they were girls!!! Armin put them on and then wore a hat on top, he came into the living room and asked in his girliest voice if anyone wanted to play!!! Calum too put them on but wasn’t as into it as Armin was, but still he liked to pretend, they thought they were hilarious!!!



Everyone out did themselves with the food!! Mom made a turkey and a ham.  Arren brought mashed potatoes and a fruit salad.  I did roasted sweet potatoes with pumpkin pie spices dredged all over, and a delightful Raspberry Fluff salad!!! We had pies galore, pumpkin, pecan and rhubarb! There definitely was not a shortage of food!

Thanksgiving is one the few times a year we take time to acknowledge our blessings! I truly am grateful for who I am, for where I live and with who I get to share all these wonderful experiences with!! Life couldn’t be better, I’m thankful each and everyday for all I am blessed with!!

Happy Thanksgiving to all my family and friends!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh trust me they are hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was weird not to all get together, but still a nice weekend. Nice hair. :)

    ReplyDelete