Friday, October 6, 2017

Moving Cows

We moved our cows home the last Saturday in September.  It was a gorgeous morning, we started at 8am and the sun coming up was beautiful!!!  Emry invited her friend Cale to come along and help and he sure had a great time!



I had the job of driving the tractor again this year since my foot is still a little tender and walking 3 miles on it really would not do it any good!!  I got to the field last with the tractor and by the time I  did get there everyone else was getting the cows all gathered so I made my way through the open gate and then noticed all the cows running toward me.  I began to panic, thinking Jared was changing the way we usually move them so I quickly turned the tractor around and headed back out of the open gate.  Little did I know he was NOT changing the way we moved them and I proceeded to mess everything up!  Despite the couple of hiccups they did move home rather well and we even made it home in time to watch the first session of General Conference!!  Moving cows, watching conference and just being home as a family was exactly what I needed after an exhausting week in Edmonton!!!

I love having the cows home and hearing them moo, it makes living on the farm feel complete!!

1 comment: