Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Family Reunion of Sorts!!


On Sunday, January 28th, Myrna spoke in church along with Dave, they spoke about the Temple and were excellent talks.  After hearing them I made a pact with myself that I would go more often this year.  I always feel so at peace in the temple, I'm not sure why I don't make it more of a priority. 

Anyway, because Myrna would be leaving for her mission soon, us girls in the family put together a luncheon after church that day.  There were lots of extra people who came just to say farewell.  Lalainia had a tried and true pulled pork recipe (though we used beef!!), Myrna made all the buns.  Ladies from the ward made salads and some brought squares.  It turned out to be a fabulous meal with lots of visiting all around.  It was great to see old members of our ward come back and to catch up with them. 



After everyone left we took some family pictures.  Our Bishop was the last non member of our family left in the building and he took the big family picture.  Then we broke it into individual families and then the grand kids with Grandma!!  Everyone was able to be there, even Cora!!



I am sure going to miss Myrna for the next eighteen months.  But I know she will be greatly blessed as she serves our Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus Christ.  And what an example she is to her grand kids who will soon be serving missions!!  I love her so much and am so thankful for her in my life.  I couldn't ask for a better mother in law, friend or sister in the gospel.  Montreal is gaining a great sister. 


1 comment: