Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Night at Grandpa's and Hematology

After swimming with the Atwood's, the kids and I headed over to Grandpa Glen's for the night!  The boys were excited for a sleep over.  Calum especially likes it because he got a room all to himself!!  Dad took the couch and Emry and Armin and I slept in his bed.  Kinda squishy but we managed, not unlike our sleeping arrangements at home when Armin comes and crawls in with Jared and I!!  Anyway, I didn't sleep great, I think I saw the clock at every hour.  I was worried about over sleeping and missing Emry's hematology appointment.  I should have known better, Emry is always awake on time because of her alarm, she woke me up from a dead sleep promptly at 7:30am!! 

We watched the movie "Wonder" before we all headed off to bed, well except Grandpa and Calum, who decided at 10pm they needed to cook a frozen pizza for a midnight snack!!  Lucky boy!!  Wonder was an excellent show and kept the interest of us all.  It was very heart warming!! 

The next morning, Grandpa made Emry and I a very yummy smoothie and gave us a croissant for breakfast.  The boys and him would be going to McDonald's for pancakes after Emry and I left for her appointment! 

At her appointment we were told to stop the blood thinner injection once we were finished what was given to us after her surgery.  Yay!!!  Emry was excited about that, as the needles have really bruised her tummy.  They didn't really hurt but the look of the bruises were concerning, to the hematology doctor too!!!  I guess Emry should have been putting pressure on the insertion site for at least 10 minutes, not her typical 30 seconds!!  Oops!!!  Who has time to sit for 10 minutes with pressure on their tummy??  Her red blood cells are smaller than they should be which means she is iron deficient, but they hope to increase her iron stores by having us increase iron rich foods in her diet, instead of iron supplements.  So that too was good news!

It was a long drive up to the Children's hospital for that appointment, even after staying in Calgary for the night!!  Emry and I headed over to Market Mall to do a little looking around, neither of us were really in the shopping mood though so we decided to head back to Grandpa's.

It was great spending the night at Grandpa's house, it prevented us from having to leave our house ultra early for Emry's appointment and it gave the boys some time with Grandpa too!!  I am thankful for the medical care Emry is receiving for her broken wrist, we truly are lucky to have the Health Care we do.  I am also thankful to a willing Dad who took time off from his work to host us for a night!!  I couldn't be more blessed!!

2 comments:

  1. I need to see wonder still. Good to know you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me a enjoyed taking time off work!

    ReplyDelete