Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Grandpa's Best Kids Club!

Grandpa's Best Kids Club ID cards!
 Ever since I can remember my dad always told my sister and I that we were members of the coolest club!  It was in fact called "The Nerd Club"!  I am reminded quite often of the time when I came home from school crying because another little girl laughed at me when I told her I was part of "The Nerd Club", my dad told me that it was a secret club and that anyone who laughed just wasn't cool enough to be a part of it!  Well, my dad has carried on the tradition with his grandchild, they are now part of his club, only the name has changed!  The girl's are "Grandpa's Best Girl's Club" and the boys are "Grandpa's Best Boys Club"!  He made each of us an ID card, he even had them laminated!  Well to go along with Grandpa's Best Kids Club, every so often he takes either just the boys or just the girls and does something special with them.  He has taken Gilbert fishing a couple of times and even camped over night for one of the fishing trips.

Just recently he took Emry and Lily to The Build a Bear Workshop.  First he "let" Arren and I have lunch with him and the girls at East Side Marios, it was too much fun just the girls and grandpa!  Emry and Lily had a great time building their bears, I think as much fun as grandpa!  He said it was so cool watching them, they had to pick out the empty shell of the stuffy they wanted, take it to the stuffing machine and press the pedal to fill it up and then they were each given a heart that they had to warm up and then they put it inside their stuffy.  They were then able to pick out an outfit, and name it, and at the end they each got a birth certificate.


Brown Sugar Puppy
Emry picked out a puppy stuffy, and named her Brown Sugar Puppy, she dressed her up in a ballerina outfit!  Lily picked out a teddy bear, and named her Dimples, she dressed her in jeans, cowboy boots, and a peace t-shirt!  They were both so proud of their creations!  Again, probably not as proud as their grandpa!  Overall it was a terrific day, one the girls will always remember.  When Calum and this baby are older, dad will have his hands full!  By the time he is ready to tackle Calum and this new baby the boys will out number the girls!



I am thankful for the relationship my dad has with all his grandchildren!  It is such a special memory for them to have!  The one they will never, ever forget is how embarrassing grandpa can be...even when Arren and I were young he would do this...whenever we were in a store, so there is usually a lot of people around, he would fall like we purposely tripped him.  He would fall right to the ground and wiggle around like he was in severe pain, and all we would do is stand there in shock.  Lily and Emry thought it was so funny, Lily had this evil laugh!  A lady at Walmart even came running over to see if he was okay, meanwhile the girls are laughing hysterically!  Good old dad, always great for a laugh and for making someone smile!  Thanks dad for just being you, I hope he never changes!

Grandpa Glen with his gang!  Every Halloween he brings them something, last year it was Dracula fangs, this year the glasses, a little less slobbery!

No comments:

Post a Comment