Tuesday, October 12, 2010

So Many Things to be Thankful For!!

It was a very beautiful Thanksgiving this year!  On Saturday the kids and I went to my Grandma and Grandpa Scheibner's in Coaldale.  All of my mom's siblings were there, two of my cousins, my sisters, and my nieces and nephews!  It was a lot of fun catching up!  You are always guaranteed a good laugh when my mom and aunts get together!  The food of course was excellent and the pumpkin pie my 21 year old cousin, Brandon made was actually very delicious!  The kids spent the afternoon outside playing in the sandbox, climbing the big evergreen tree, and running around the yard playing tag!  Calum even managed to keep up his daily tradition of hitting his head in some way!  While he was playing at the picnic table with a little house and people he fell backwards and smacked his head on the cement!  Being Calum though, he whimpered a little and then went right back to playing!  Meanwhile, Auntie Bonnie and my older sister Avi threw their tea cups and practically dove to save him!  I think he recovered before the speed of their palpitating hearts did:)

Sunday we had Thanksgiving dinner with the Puzey clan, again a lot of fun!  I am so thankful to be apart of such a wonderful family and the for the great examples they all are to me.  We had another fantastic meal, and even a special talent show that Cora organized!  Everyone was to come up with a talent and perform it.  If you know me, you will know that I have absolutely no rhythm.  Even when a group is clapping to a beat, I usually end up out of time with everyone else!  Anyway, I did, jokingly, tell Mom Puzey and Jared that I was going to do an interpretive dance, or maybe even a belly dance!  On top of being uncoordinated, being seven and a half months pregnant would only add to the hilarity of it all!  When I told them I was going to do this both Jared and his mom burst out laughing!  Sadly to say I did not share my talent!!  Everyone who did perform did an excellent job!  Mom and Dad Puzey started the show by doing a lip sync of "I've Got You Babe" by Sonny and Cher, and even dressed the part!  Emry then played "Mary Had a Little Lamb" on the piano, Grandma Puzey was so proud of her timing (she is her teacher!!), Blake played an original song on his guitar, that he alone wrote, called "Everyone Wants Their Own CD and Radio Babe"!  He just belted it while strumming randomly away on his guitar, no shame at all!  It was so cute!  Ashton sang an Aladdin song and then a song about killing Barney!  Bowen sang "Follow the Prophet", Jason did a couple of card tricks, that had all the kids stunned!  Mom, Rachel, and Lalainia sang "Boogie, Woogie, Bugle Boy", Lalainia played a ragtime number on the piano, and sang a song while playing the guitar, Leah sang a song, Cora did handstands, Cora and Leah did a dance together and then sang a song from the Barbie movie "Diamond Castle", and finally my favourite, Jared sang and played his guitar to a song called "Let Me Hold You Little Man", it is from a movie we saw, it is a spoof protest song about the unfair way little people are treated and it is really hilarious!

We always have such a great time together, even though it can be chaotic when all kids get together, I know they have a lot of fun and being so close that they can all grow up together is a blessing in and of itself!  I am so thankful for family.  My absolute greatest blessing.  I am thankful for Jared, my best friend, Emry and Calum and the baby that constantly moves inside me.  I am thankful for my Mom and Dad, I look up to both of them and appreciate all they have taught me and for all the love I feel from them each and every day.  I am extremely thankful for David and Myrna, and for the acceptance they have shown me by welcoming me into their family as a daughter of their own.  I am also thankful for the closeness they share with Emry and Calum and for all they are able to learn from them!  I am also extremely thankful for my membership in such a wonderful church!  Being baptized into the LDS church 10 years ago was one of the best decisions of my life.  Never have I felt so content and so happy with the meaning my life has.  Without this wonderful gospel I truly would be lost and discouraged with all the horrible things the world throws at us.  I am thankful I can raise my children in a gospel of peace, love and equality among all.  I am thankful for a husband who treats me like a queen, who is patient with me when at times I am sure it is hard, who provides for our family so I can be home with our children, who has built our home with his own hands, and for the father he is to our perfect children.  He truly is a great man, one I admire more and more each day!  I could go on forever, my heart feels very grateful right now!  I hope this season of thanksgiving will last for months to come, the beautiful fall days wouldn't hurt either!

2 comments:

  1. I was a great day! Dave and I were talking about you being baptized the other day and saying how cool it was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Amber!!! I am thankful you are part of our family!!

    ReplyDelete